Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a mechanic/garage to get timing belt done

• 08-11-2018 11:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Hi
    My 2.0 TRCI diesel Ford S max needs a new timing belt. Can any one recommend somewhere to get it done that will do a good job without charging a fortune?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭black & white

I used to get everything done by John Casey at Ivans cross, very reasonable and a gent to deal with. only reason I don't use him now is my car was bought new and still under warranty (which means main dealer service).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

I used to get everything done by John Casey at Ivans cross, very reasonable and a gent to deal with. only reason I don't use him now is my car was bought new and still under warranty (which means main dealer service).

Yeah, if my car was relatively new, I'd do the same but as my car is 7 years old now I dont see the point in paying probably double to a main dealer.

I know someone that uses John Casey and I found it laughable one day when I was in there and he asked about my car and I was like its an import and he laughed it off and said all UK cars are clocked or imports for that matter. What an absurd statement to make. Luckily for me I'm not his target audience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Mc Love wrote: »
    +1. Got a full service there recently, found them to be very thorough and well-priced

• Advertisement

+1. Got a full service there recently, found them to be very thorough and well-priced

If they find something wrong with the car, they'll let you know and you decide if you want them to repair it. If they do repair, you can be rest assured it will be fixed properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Seamus McGrath, I'm fussy about my cars and he does work on them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Jane98 wrote:
    Hi My 2.0 TRCI diesel Ford S max needs a new timing belt. Can any one recommend somewhere to get it done that will do a good job without charging a fortune?

Aidan Frahill Motor Servicing, Eastlink Business Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

chicorytip wrote: »
    Aidan Frahill Motor Servicing, Eastlink Business Park.

I left Aidan Frahill as I was unhappy with work done and went to Seamus.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭nsi423

+1 for Aidan Frahill, took good care of my old 3 series for years, always reasonable price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

+2 for Aidan Frahill , does all the families cars and has done for a long time .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Crossroad motors off the Ballysimon, genuine and honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭ppn

Marius Garage, Dock Road. Reliable, good work and cheap. Cannot recommend highly enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

ppn wrote: »
    Marius Garage, Dock Road. Reliable, good work and cheap. Cannot recommend highly enough.

It's a right ****ing pain in the hole to walk back to town though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

I started to use Seamus McGrath because of location and quality but I've found John Casey's excellent too, hard to fault either of them.

Advertisement