Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digiweb?

• 08-11-2018 12:30pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone with Digiweb for their vdsl fibre service?
    Im looking to move from eir and wondering about digiweb.
    On their site it stats unlimited home broadband for their 100mb package, Is it really unlimited?
    How about their customer care?
    Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It's on their website under additional information for each product.

350GB FUP, I've no idea if it's enforced.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah just spotted that there after i posted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

I moved to Digiweb FTTH from Eir a few weeks ago and my experience so far has been top notch. Their customer care is so much better than Eir's and the Fritz Box router that they supply is brilliant compared to Eir's F2000...the wifi signal is now rock solid throughout most of my house...

Oh, and it's cheaper as well...:D

1TB FUP for FTTH. They don't charge you for going over they just reserve the right to terminate the contract if you go over the FUP twice in the space of 3 months. I've never heard of that happen to anyone.

Thanks guys, interesting to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭chewed

I'm seriously considering Digiweb as I cannot get through to Eir to discuss my contract options. My contract is up in a few weeks.

It's good to know they have a decent Customer Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bozharry1

Going live with digiweb on Monday.Coming from Vodafone.Im going with the ,1000mb deal.I have to say the customer service is superb.Lets hope the rest of the service is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Shyboy wrote: »
    I moved to Digiweb FTTH from Eir a few weeks ago and my experience so far has been top notch. Their customer care is so much better than Eir's and the Fritz Box router that they supply is brilliant compared to Eir's F2000...the wifi signal is now rock solid throughout most of my house...

Just wondering where you are and what's your ping time to an Irish website like rte.ie? I'm in Mayo and it's a little high (with Digiweb). Doesn't bother me but I would have expected it to be lower. Not had anyone on here with Digiweb FTTH to ask before ;)

PING rte.ie (104.18.162.29) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 104.18.162.29 (104.18.162.29): icmp_seq=1 ttl=60 time=16.1 ms

Shyboy wrote: »

Just got set up with Digiweb on Friday and have to agree that the Fritz box is so much better that the F2000! I can get a strong signal all over the house now.

BTW, I noticed that there's only 1 channel listed in the Wifi list. On the F2000 I used to be able to choose 2.4 and 5 Ghz. How does this work with the Fritz box? Does it fluctuate between the channels?

I don't have a Fritzbox but my guess would be that 2.4 and 5 ghz have the same SSID and your device should change between them depending on which it thinks is the best option. Some devices are better at this than others.
    There may be an option to have them on different SSIDs in the control panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

I went from Vodafone FTTC to Digiweb FTTH a couple of weeks ago: it went without a hitch. Their customer service was a pleasant surprise - the phone gets answered quickly and the people I spoke to were helpful.

I have to say that Airwire would have been my first choice (based on MartinL's helpful contributions in this thread), but their phone offering did not suit my particular needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

tuxy wrote: »
    I don't have a Fritzbox but my guess would be that 2.4 and 5 ghz have the same SSID and your device should change between them depending on which it thinks is the best option. Some devices are better at this than others.
    There may be an option to have them on different SSIDs in the control panel.

On the Fritz!Box routers 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz have the same SSID by default, yes.

Some providers change that behavior to give you different SSIDs, because older iOS and MacOS devices have a flaw, where they try to connect to both frequencies at the same time, then get confused and then disconnect.

It's something that can be changed in the configuration menu.

/M

chewed wrote: »
    Just got set up with Digiweb on Friday and have to agree that the Fritz box is so much better that the F2000! I can get a strong signal all over the house now.

BTW, I noticed that there's only 1 channel listed in the Wifi list. On the F2000 I used to be able to choose 2.4 and 5 Ghz. How does this work with the Fritz box? Does it fluctuate between the channels?

Can you let me know a ping time to rte.ie and airwire,ie.. Cheers.

64 bytes from 104.18.162.29 (104.18.162.29): icmp_seq=1 ttl=60 time=12.0 ms

PING airwire.ie (91.189.70.225) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from www.airwire.ie (91.189.70.225): icmp_seq=1 ttl=56 time=15.9 ms

Edit: Don't worry. I think you have VDSL and not FTTH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭banie01

chewed wrote: »

Check the model of router you got versus what was expected.
    I recently got supplied a Fritz 7430, which doesn't have 5ghz WiFi.

banie01 wrote: »
    Check the model of router you got versus what was expected.
    I recently got supplied a Fritz 7430, which doesn't have 5ghz WiFi.

7430 only has 100 Mbit/s ports and 2.4 GHz Wifi alright. They're an outgoing model though.

Airwire already has replaced them with the 7530, Digiweb will probably also do that very soon. 7530 then is dual-band and Gbit/s interfaces.

/M

MBSnr wrote: »
    Can you let me know a ping time to rte.ie and airwire,ie.. Cheers.

64 bytes from 104.18.162.29 (104.18.162.29): icmp_seq=1 ttl=60 time=12.0 ms

PING airwire.ie (91.189.70.225) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from www.airwire.ie (91.189.70.225): icmp_seq=1 ttl=56 time=15.9 ms

Edit: Don't worry. I think you have VDSL and not FTTH

bozharry1 wrote: »
    Going live with digiweb on Monday.Coming from Vodafone.Im going with the ,1000mb deal.I have to say the customer service is superb.Lets hope the rest of the service is good.

Keen to hear how its going for you,, or anyone else with digiweb.

Dcully wrote: »
    Keen to hear how its going for you,, or anyone else with digiweb.

Very happy with their service - had 300Mb since Aug last year. Had an issue on my bill. Talked to their customer service via online chat. Credit note emailed to me within a few hours and the next bill correct with the credit applied. Try getting that level of service with Eir or Vodafone.

Father in law is now going with Digiweb after giving up trying to get FTTH with Vodafone. He couldn't speak with anyone in Vodafone over the phone to order, so he ended up going to a Vodafone store and was mis-sold a business VDSL product instead, which we had to cancel.... Anyhow he was happy with the ease of just being able to place an order over the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭KildareP

Have been with Digiweb for 2 years now, VDSL, with a Fritzbox 7430 and no problems at all.

Don't need the WiFi or gigabit switching on the Fritz as only using it as a modem so no downside for me to the 2.4GHz/100Mb limit.

You can pay €50 once-off to get the 7560 with 5GHz WiFi and 1Gbps switching if you so wish:
    https://digiweb.ie/fritzbox-7560/

The 350GB FUP was recently increased to 500GB, I've pushed 1TB+ some months and often went above 350GB several months in a row and there was absolutely no mention from Digiweb on it.

Customer service has always been excellent although I have channels through their Viatel enterprise arm via work so there may be some bias and preferential treatment :)

I've been with Digiweb since November and really happy with the service and customer support. I have the 300GB FTTH contract. No issues to report. I'm loving the Fritzbox router....it's so much better than Eir's F2000 router and much better signal throughout the house.

I would highly recommend Digiweb!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

I have being with them for nearly a year VDSL product and lucky to receive the full 100mb with no downtime, using the FritzBox 7430 very impressed with the Wi-Fi even if it is just 2.4ghz, the only thing is they may issue a refurbished Fritzbox if you are on the €42 product mine failed but they sent me a brand new one, i would have paid the €50 for the 7530 if i new about it when ordering.

i would have paid the €50 for the 7530 if i new about it when ordering.

You can still get that ... https://digiweb.ie/fritzbox-7560/. it's the 7560, which has the same shell as your current router, but it's cpu wise better than both the 7430 and 7530.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Been with them for years on the metro product and recently queried the 350GB FUP with them as I was doing a lot of game installs on a new system build. They came back and said they "don't currently monitor the FUP" so basically fire away, just don't take the pi$$.

I'm not really happy that many of the ISsP say they have a FUP but some of the reps say it is rarely enforced.
    Rather than a 1 TB cap that's rarely enforced(not sure why they always pick 1 TB) just have a 2 TB cap or 5 TB cap or whatever is reasonable and enforce it so people know where they stand.

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

Are Digiweb the best for customer service? I've just finished up with eir, the only attraction to choosing them again is the eir sports pack.

Balanadan wrote: »
    Are Digiweb the best for customer service? I've just finished up with eir, the only attraction to choosing them again is the eir sports pack.

Lots of other ISPs available with good customer service. This thread is just specificly about Digiweb.

As for the Eir Sports pack: that may not be around anymore from the Summer and onwards unless Eir make a deal with Sky.

Sky has got the exclusive contract for BT Sports now and Eirs contract for BT sports is expiring this summer. After that Eir will only have one junior league left in their own portfolio.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Kilree

I have been with Digiweb for around 10 years with both Metro and dsl. On no occasion would I have rated their customer service as being less than excellent. I have no affiliation with Digiweb other than being a customer but I cannot fault them in any way on their customer service.

All thats stopping me going with digiweb is the FUP.
    Airwire are also very tempting.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Dcully wrote: »
    All thats stopping me going with digiweb is the FUP.
    Airwire are also very tempting.

Their FUP is what stopped me too. A 1TB data limit on an FTTH product in 2019 is bordering on draconian at this stage. Many game patches are 100gigs+ in 2019, updates for many files and applications are several gigs each etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Cork981

Most people won’t come near the 1TB cap, the amount of customers they’d gain by removing the FUP would be substantial.

Even a FUP of 3TB to prevent someone from running a small data center would be more than enough to keep most people happy.

Only a handful providers understand that.

Even Sky went from unlimited to 1TB FUP.

And Digiweb have an even lower FUP on their VDSL/FTTC products.

/M

I thought sky are unlimited now?

When Sky introduced their FTTH it came with a 1TB FUP and still has that in the contract.

VDSL may still be unlimited, I'm not 100% sure though.

What a joke, introducing a nasty FUP on the service that is much faster.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

When Sky introduced their FTTH it came with a 1TB FUP and still has that in the contract.

VDSL may still be unlimited, I'm not 100% sure though.

What a joke, introducing a nasty FUP on the service that is much faster.

imo Vodafone, Digiweb and Sky FTTH should be avoided by everyone for peace of mind and go with a provider that has no limits and doesn't call their limited service unlimited.

Gonzo wrote: »
    imo Vodafone, Digiweb and Sky FTTH should be avoided by everyone for peace of mind and go with a provider that has no limits and doesn't call their limited service unlimited.

I completely agree but there is another thread about Siro and that poster can't get connected with an ISP that does not have a cap. Airware don't cover their area apparently.

• Advertisement

I completely agree but there is another thread about Siro and that poster can't get connected with an ISP that does not have a cap. Airware don't cover their area apparently.

maybe be can get Virgin? Plenty of Siro areas also have Virgin Media and they have no data cap as well.

Im thinking airwire is the way to go for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭Nollog

Gonzo wrote: »

Have you seen the ads for three?

They go and explain the definition of unlimited as absolutely without limits in the ad, then you go to their website to read heir terms and conditions where they define a limit.
    ComReg/10

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Have you seen the ads for three?

They go and explain the definition of unlimited as absolutely without limits in the ad, then you go to their website to read heir terms and conditions where they define a limit.
    ComReg/10

That's actually a case for ASAI not comreg. ASAI can advise them not to use unlimited in that way in their adverts. ASAI will publish a little report on what is wrong with the advert. Then 3 can just ignore the advise from ASAI because that's what everyone else does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Anteayer

Switched from Eir and they’re really good in comparison. I’m also finding ping times lower for a lot of sites and services.

If you’re using their home phone, you can either plug into the PSTN/FON port or just link your DECT phones directly to the FritzBox and you’ve proper VoIP without any analogue interface at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement