Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible replacement alarm to enable monitoring for rental property

Options
  • 08-11-2018 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi I have a securewatch control panel 6/10 or 10/10 by HKC and wired sensors. I am looking at possibility of getting it monitored, so it would need an add-on to cater for this. Any advice if this is even possible with the current setup or would I need a new alarm? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you mean central station monitoring or app based self monitoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 schmegeggin

Hi Koolkid thanks for responding, I think I would prefer it to be centrally monitored and with a bell box saying that it is also, I am kind of leaning towards eircom phonewatch as this generally denotes that the alarm is being monitored!! But that would probably be a last resort!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do some more research around the forum would be my recommendation.
    A bell box is not an indication of monitored. Plenty of phonewatch boxes out there that are not monitored . Not to mention the free dummy boxs they offer around new housing estates..

Advertisement