Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sufficient notice from primary teacher

Options
  • 08-11-2018 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Any insight into how easy/quickly it is to replace a primary teacher in the current jobs market? Would a month or 6 weeks notice suffice? I may be leaving my school soon and I want to make sure if possible that I give sufficient notice...I understand it is difficult to find subs right now. I'm in Resource.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

"Teachers may resign from the service at any time. However, teachers are required by the terms of their contract to give three months notice to their board of management, specifying the date on which they will be leaving the service. They are then entitled to be paid up to that date. It is open to a board of management to accept a shorter period of notice.

Young teachers leaving the service temporarily are advised to complete their probation. Otherwise they are obliged, on returning to service, to recommence the probationary period. Teachers do not progress along the incremental scale until probation is complete."

https://www.into.ie/ROI/InfoforTeachers/Pensions/Resignation/

It very much depends on the individual BOM , some schools will let you go before the 3 months are up. Filling the post may be quick-or not- a lot depends on where the school is, if it is a Gaelscoil etc.

Advertisement