Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spin bikes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Just a general opinion.

Are you into 'fitness' as a thing because things like spin/exercise bikes imo take about 2 weeks to become clothes racks never to see the crack of your arse again unless you're genuinely into keeping fit (it's fierce boring exercising at home).

You can probably get a spin bike off adverts or whatever the equivalent is in Ireland for pocket change for the same reason as above. I'd probably look to buy second hand rather than new.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Second hand and ex-gym grade if you can. I bought one and had it for a couple of years. I enjoyed it, and I used it. Got my beans back when I sold it too.

Like any piece of exercise equipment. If you use em they're brilliant, if you don't, well....

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭grouchyman

Just a general opinion.

Are you into 'fitness' as a thing because things like spin/exercise bikes imo take about 2 weeks to become clothes racks never to see the crack of your arse again unless you're genuinely into keeping fit (it's fierce boring exercising at home).

You can probably get a spin bike off adverts or whatever the equivalent is in Ireland for pocket change for the same reason as above. I'd probably look to buy second hand rather than new.

Hi Canis - I'm not so much into fitness as I
    enjoy cycling. And what I want to do is build myself up for the long spins during the summer days of 2019 if that makes sense.

In late 2016 I got a turbo trainer ( Aldis best) and I have to admit I got a lot out of it. But when I was taking the bike off the trainer at the start of 2017 I broke the release mechanism on it.

I joined my local club in early 2017 and was making great progress ( I was doing spins of 100 - 120 kms each weekend.

Did my back in in mid 2017 and consequently I lost a lot of time on the bike at the latter half of 2017 and the first half of 2018.

I started back with the club around August of this year and I now realise I need to do a bit more work on the bike. But with the turn in the weather and my working hours, going out mid-week after work for a spin doesn't work for me. Based on my experience with the turbo breaking, I don't want to get another one instead I want to try something different/better.

In september I tried to join a spin class in a local gym but it didn't work out owing to my working hours. Now I'm considering a spin-bike at home instead of a turbo as part of my preparation for getting ready for 2019.

I'll also continue the weekend spins with the club. I enjoy those. But getting out during the week in order to build on the weekend spin is the problem I'm trying to fix if you see what I mean.

fat bloke wrote: »
    Second hand and ex-gym grade if you can. I bought one and had it for a couple of years. I enjoyed it, and I used it. Got my beans back when I sold it too.

Like any piece of exercise equipment. If you use em they're brilliant, if you don't, well....

Cheers fat bloke. Yeah I was wondering about second hand gym stuff. Any recommendations on sites or companies dealing with these? Where did you get your spin bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

grouchyman wrote: »
    Cheers fat bloke. Yeah I was wondering about second hand gym stuff. Any recommendations on sites or companies dealing with these? Where did you get your spin bike?

Donedeal all the way.

Beginning of winter is when demand is up though! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

I bought an ex gym Pulse spin bike about 3 months ago for €200 - its a great bike - Its quiet, comfortable and very stiff. its nearly 60kg in weight thou so dont plan on keeping it up any stairs.

I bought an ex gym Pulse spin bike about 3 months ago for €200 - its a great bike - Its quiet, comfortable and very stiff. its nearly 60kg in weight thou so dont plan on keeping it up any stairs.

Hi can I ask what brand/specs? that's a good weight

made this mistake. Nearly crippled myself getting a similar one up the stairs. Ended up taking it apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

grouchyman wrote: »
    Hi can I ask what brand/specs? that's a good weight

It has a 20kg flywheel and is adjustable in every way

Pulse fitness 225 f st.

Same as this https://www.google.ie/search?q=pulse+spin+bike&client=ms-android-samsung&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjOjYvcg8reAhXOY8AKHQVDC3kQ_AUIEigB&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=vAhOthhSaoaBaM&imgdii=Ve4TX6Yw4fsAeM

Advertisement