Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund cheque

Options
  • 08-11-2018 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi I overpaid online last Friday due to the screen freezing on the payment link..anyway a lot of money was taken from my account and I asked for a refund on Monday and having contacted your people I explained that I had DDs due out of my account and now had no money..I was told it was in hand and a refund was initiated on 06/11...I noted it was credited on the account but much to my surprise I received a cheque today THURSDAY...How long will this take to clear??...I bank with BOI...I've already had 3 bills bounce and still have no money and I'm being charged by the bank each time!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

A cheque ffs, they could have easily done a same day bank transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dubted

vicwatson wrote: »
    A cheque ffs, they could have easily done a same day bank transfer

Thats what I asked for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Dubted,

We are very sorry to read of this inconvenience.

The refund cheque takes a matter of days to process as it needs to show on the account (which takes at least one business day) before the funds can be released.

We need to advise that you contact your bank to find out how long it will take the cheque to clear.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement