Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast help

Options
  • 08-11-2018 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Just wondered if I bought Chromecast, is it literally as simple as streaming videos from your tablet/phone through the telly?
    My other half has Eir sport on his phone and wants to watch it on the telly screen instead.
    I'm not very techy so apologies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 smurph6

fussyonion wrote: »
    Hi guys

Just wondered if I bought Chromecast, is it literally as simple as streaming videos from your tablet/phone through the telly?
    My other half has Eir sport on his phone and wants to watch it on the telly screen instead.
    I'm not very techy so apologies!

You have to have a Wi-Fi connection. I'm not sure about Eir Sports but most streaming apps such at Netflix, YouTube, All4 etc will show the steaming button on top right hand corner once you've it set up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Brilliant, thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

fussyonion wrote: »
    Brilliant, thanks so much

If an app doesn't support casting natively you can also just cast the screen of your mobile (that method can have sync issues with picture/sound)

Advertisement