Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quarq PM Servicing...in Ireland

Options
  • 08-11-2018 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have a Sram Red Quarq PM (2012) and it drops cadence/power fairly regularly, 90rpm one second, 55rpm the next. It happens about twice every minute so not ideal. It's 6 years old and has always been so reliable so I'm sure it just needs a service. I contacted Quarq and I followed their reboot instruction but that did not fix the issue and then I got this...

"Thanks for the info. It does seem like the next step would be to get it in house.

Before you send them in, I want you to be aware of a possible outcome. With this issue, there is a chance that they will need to be replaced once our techs are finished testing it. In the event they do need to be replaced, your options would be as follows:

$549 USD+shipping for DZERO with aluminum cranks, or $699 USD+shipping for DZERO with carbon cranks. (This price includes the RED and DFOUR as well.)

As these are $1079 USD for carbon and $779 USD for aluminum brand new, a lot of our over seas customers with power meters that fail outside of warranty are opting to not send it in to us. Even with our discount the price is about the same as buying a new one if you add on the charges for shipping/duties/taxes. Also, if you opt for the replacement through us, any service or warranty issues would have to be directed back through us as well instead of being able to have it taken care of through a local shop.

If you would still like to send it into us let me know and I will email you the RMA. Please let me know if you have any questions.

So...not ideal. My uestion is, does anyone know of anyone who would have a look at it? I wouldn't have a clue myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Although not in Ireland http://www.cyclepowermeters.com are uk based and offer sales and servicing including calibration of quarq powermeters.
    Its a long time since i used them (Powertap products mainly) but if Bob still runs the shop they are good to deal with.
    https://www.cyclepowermeters.com/service.html

They are highly recommended especially among the British Time Trial community and would probably have come across most Quarq issues so i would imagine they could steer you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I have used cycle power meters as well. They do a great service and their prices are very good. I would highly recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭El Director

Great, thanks lads!

Advertisement