Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shower tray for ensuite

• 08-11-2018 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all,

We bought our house last year and just doing room by room.

Next up is our own bedroom and ensuite. Looking for some advice on the ensuite and specifically the shower tray.

Our plan is to just tile the shower area floor to ceiling and paint the rest of the ensuite.

The en suite is small ish measuring 970mm wide and out 850mm from the wall is a doorway.

Current shower tray is 800mm by 800mm with corner entry which is fine but leaves a gap of 180mm from shower tray to wall which is a waste or space and hard clean.

Regardless of which option the door will be a bi-fold door because I can't have a pivot door as the sink is quiet close also. And I want the door full width.

So we think we have 3 options:

1. Get a shower tray that is 1000mm x 800mm and cut out some of the wall to get the tray to fit so it is the width of the bathroom.

2. Get a shower tray 900mm x 800mm or keep the same size 800 x 800 but basically fill the gap with a wall and 2 insert shelves.

3. Get a shower tray of 900mm x 800mm and fill the gap with a ledge up to the height of the shower tray. Would there be any issues with this and the shower door?

Comments

I would turn it into a cupboard. .
    What do you really need? A toilet beside your bed or more storage?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Jimmywangyang

bubblypop wrote: »
    I would turn it into a cupboard. .
    What do you really need? A toilet beside your bed or more storage?

I want to keep the en suite, have loads of storage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Hi all,

We bought our house last year and just doing room by room.

Next up is our own bedroom and ensuite. Looking for some advice on the ensuite and specifically the shower tray.

Our plan is to just tile the shower area floor to ceiling and paint the rest of the ensuite.

The en suite is small ish measuring 970mm wide and out 850mm from the wall is a doorway.

Current shower tray is 800mm by 800mm with corner entry which is fine but leaves a gap of 180mm from shower tray to wall which is a waste or space and hard clean.

Regardless of which option the door will be a bi-fold door because I can't have a pivot door as the sink is quiet close also. And I want the door full width.

So we think we have 3 options:

1. Get a shower tray that is 1000mm x 800mm and cut out some of the wall to get the tray to fit so it is the width of the bathroom.

2. Get a shower tray 900mm x 800mm or keep the same size 800 x 800 but basically fill the gap with a wall and 2 insert shelves.

3. Get a shower tray of 900mm x 800mm and fill the gap with a ledge up to the height of the shower tray. Would there be any issues with this and the shower door?
    Option 3 is an non runner,filling the gap with a ledge always gives trouble after with leaks etc
    Fitting the 900mm x 800mm is a good option.A 70mm partition frame on one side of tray,from floor to ceiling, with one or two shelves built in,id prefer one shelf, 70 mm x 800mm partition frame
    A 1000mm might work but depends if the room can be made to
    fit,could be awkward. Also if you use this tray ensure you can get a door to suit a 940mm to 950mm opening without the need of extension pieces

If using the 900mm x 800mm tray, a good option is to use a classi seal and fit a shower tanking kit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

bubblypop wrote:
    I would turn it into a cupboard. . What do you really need? A toilet beside your bed or more storage?

You wouldn't need to ask that after a bad curry! :)

Advertisement