Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Submitted Form 11 - how to pay via AIB

• 09-11-2018 1:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭

I forget the process on this, do I need to login to AIB and actively submit a payment by selecting ROS as a payee, or do they do it automatically?

I don't believe I have a SEPA payment setup for them.

If I have to do it manually, do I need to include a reference number on the payment?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Assuming you submitted the F11 on ROS then you can set up a ROS Debit Instruction under the "Manage Bank Accounts" heading. Once the RDI is set up you can select that as a method of payment at the payment screen for 2017+2018 ( Balance 2018 + Prelim Tax 2018 )

Alternatively you can pay by card by going to the payment screen in ROS and select "Card payment" instead.

So basically it's all done from within ROS not from your banking online.

Revenue do not take payments ( apart from periodic direct debits ) automatically. You need to initiate the payment instruction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I think RDI is setup, but won't know till I'm home tonight.

I selected that payment is made today. What time would the payment be taken?

I can check my bank account before I go home and will know then that RDI was setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

mrcheez wrote: »
    I think RDI is setup, but won't know till I'm home tonight.

I selected that payment is made today. What time would the payment be taken?

I can check my bank account before I go home and will know then that RDI was setup.

ros debit instructions take a long time to process. especall first time debit instructions which can take upto 7 working days.

It's not a first time. Last payment was in 2013 but I've been full time employed since. I just have tax to pay this time so forgot process.

I have a payee on my AIB account called "ROS"

Perhaps I can check from AIB side if it's automated as direct debit?

Check your ROS inbox. If you did set up an RDI for today then you should have an acknowledgement there from when you did it. However as other poster has said, RDI's can take a few days. An RDI set for today might not come out for a number of days after the payment date specified. I just checked there and last year I had specified 14/11 for Income Tax and it didn't come out of bank until 16/11.

• Advertisement

I might just ring them :)

I might just ring them :)

Make sure and have a sandwich and Netflix handy. Phones could be busy there next few days up to 14/11 :D

oye!

Logged into AIB and I see a payee "ROS REVENU" and the Reference value is my PPSN.

So at least I know how it's linked ... the question now is do I normally create this payment via AIB or ROS.

I'll assume Stratvs is right and I perform this payment request from the ROS side, rather than pay from AIB side.

The only direct debits I have visible on the AIB site for "Revenue commissioners" is for property tax payments, so I'm thinking I must have just performed a once-off payment request back in 2013 rather than setup a direct debit.

I have never, as long as ROS payments have existed, paid Revenue other than through the ROS portal. Never via online banking from that side. I either pay DD which I do for VAT & PAYE/PRSI or RDI which I do for Income Tax. As I said above, login to your ROS account. See if you have your bank account linked by way of RDI and if so you just select RDI as the payment method, put in the amount, date of payment and sign with your ROS password.

Re LPT, Revenue have a recurring annual debit in the LPT portal which, once set up, means that they take the amount in March each year without having to do the payment each year. Alternatively if it's a monthly DD that's also set up in the LPT portal so if you login there you should be able to see what instruction you've given them.

• Advertisement

If I don't have RDI should I just pay via card as it will take several days for the direct debit to be setup and this will exceed the payment deadline of 14 Nov?

If I don't have RDI should I just pay via card as it will take several days for the direct debit to be setup and this will exceed the payment deadline of 14 Nov?

RDI are not like DD so once set up the instruction can be given straight away with the selected date for payment. However if you want to be satisfied then you can just do by card. That will be taken same day. ( Revenue used to have additional fee for using card but I believe that is now gone )

Card payment FAQ's here

RDI FAQs here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

You have an option to pay via online banking, put in how much you are going to pay, submit it, then go to your online banking and tell them to pay that amount, means that you won't have to watch your account waiting for the debit and it should hit revenue within a couple of days.

That's what I do with BoI anyway, because of the length of time for Ros debits to hit the account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Stratvs wrote: »
    RDI are not like DD so once set up the instruction can be given straight away with the selected date for payment. However if you want to be satisfied then you can just do by card. That will be taken same day. ( Revenue used to have additional fee for using card but I believe that is now gone )

Card payment FAQ's here

RDI FAQs here

If it's a credit card I'd assume it would be dealt with as a cash advance by the CC company, not sure as I've never used a CC on Ros

Spook_ie wrote: »
    If it's a credit card I'd assume it would be dealt with as a cash advance by the CC company, not sure as I've never used a CC on Ros

I'd probably just use the Debit card

So I was doing this tonight and see the option to pay via "Online Banking" is still there

Get to this from the ROS home screen:

- Go "Make a Payment"
    - Select Income Tax
    - Select period
    - Then you are presented with 3 options: Nil declaration / Card Payment / Online Banking

I selected Online Banking and it directs you to complete the transaction on AIB's side... this is where the confusion lies. I think this option no longer works as AIB must have updated their system. Before, I believe, you would log into AIB and be prompted to complete the payment request but now you see nothing when you login to AIB.

So I just selected "Card Payment" this time and paid via Direct Debit. At least I recall now what I did back in '13 ;)

interestingly you can also pay via credit card, and no additional charge is made.

Advertisement