Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to move money regularly between two personal BOI accounts

Options
  • 09-11-2018 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I want to move a sum of money from my BOI account that I get paid wages into every week to another BOI account that my mortgage gets paid out of. Whats the best/cheapest way of doing this. Is standing order the only way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Standing order would be the simplest way. 10 cent per standing order, so 10 cent per week for you.

Alternatively, if you qualify for free banking, standing orders are free. No charge.

Edit: here's a link to the current fees and charges. link

ATM withdrawals/lodgements are 25c, so withdrawing and lodging manually is 50cent. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

I want to move a sum of money from my BOI account that I get paid wages into every week to another BOI account that my mortgage gets paid out of. Whats the best/cheapest way of doing this. Is standing order the only way.

Hi TheHappyMan,

Thanks for the message.

If your looking to make regular automatic payments a standing order would be the best way and you can set that up through the "Manage Accounts" section of your 365 online profile. If you're looking to make manual transfers each month or week you could transfer the amount through 365 as well and this may be better if the amount or the date that your looking to transfer the money is always changing. But it's completely up to you and just to let you know both options I have given would have a 10 cent transaction fee in relation to them and would be the quickest and cheapest ways of making a transfer like this.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement