Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Micheál Martin out of touch?

Options
  • 09-11-2018 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

I applaud TD Ó Cúiv for launching a FF rep in the north. Symbolically it is a good thing from the perspective of those of us who believe our country should be united. I know we all got together to pretend northern Ireland is not really part of Ireland in order to secure peace on the Island a few years ago but really of course it is just as much a part of our country as any other part. Micheál Martin seems to have a problem with that.

A few years ago, when jihadi terrorists were looking for a new home, Micheál said they should come here. I remember someone on the radio at the time echoing my thoughts by remarking, "has Micheal Martin taken leave of his senses?"

I won`t drag up his past participation in Bertie Ahern`s governments but another irritation Micheál presided over was his refusal to respect the will of the people and go into coalition with FG after the last general election. It was like saying to hell with the people, we are looking after FF.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

How on earth was he refusing the will of the people by not going into a coalition with FG.

Nowhere in FF’s manifesto did it talk of government with FG and I suspect the majority of FF voters wanted nothing of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The only one out of touch is Éamon Ó Cuív, thinking as he no doubt did that Micheál Martin wouldn't have the stones to break his arse for him if he went looking for it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

jimgoose wrote: »
    The only one out of touch is Éamon Ó Cuív, thinking as he no doubt did that Micheál Martin wouldn't have the stones to break his arse for him if he went looking for it. :pac:
    Totally agree with this.
    He's the same ass that was out of touch with people in An Daingean/Dingle.
    He wanted the leadership after Cowen and this may have been another attempt.

OP, we didn't pretend anything. Maybe you did.
    And there was no vote for a FF/FG coalition that I'm aware of; so the will of the people has nothing to do with it.
    A bit like Ó Cuív, if you want to play the political game, take it to the Politics Forum. This has nothing to do with Martin or Cork City.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

A few years ago, when jihadi terrorists were looking for a new home, Micheál said they should come here.

Have you anything that backs that statement up?
    I'm not a fan of the guy but don't ever remember him saying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

No. It’s the children. It’s the children who are out of touch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

.red. wrote: »

OP is doing the whole "Muslim refugees are all terrorists" thing. Trash thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Sonics2k wrote: »

The username is quite appropriate!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

.red. wrote: »

Google it you`ll find it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

Sonics2k wrote: »

Not so. My views on immigration are rich in complexity. When people talk about migrants coming, I talk about about abolishing the minimum wage and imposing salary caps because these things distort the international markets and cause immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

A few years ago, when jihadi terrorists were looking for a new home, Micheál said they should come here.
    Google it you`ll find it

1. Just because you can find things online using a Google search doesn't mean they are true

2. A Google search throws up nothing of this sort (apart from this idiotic thread):
    https://www.google.ie/search?safe=active&source=hp&ei=7kLtW83BCKPWgAbd05PwAw&q=%22micheal+martin%22+jihadi+terrorists&oq=%22micheal+martin%22+jihadi+terrorists

3. This is a ridiculous claim. What politician in their right mind would do something like that?

The username is quite appropriate!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Not so. My views on immigration are rich in complexity. When people talk about migrants coming, I talk about about abolishing the minimum wage and imposing salary caps because these things distort the international markets and cause immigration.

So, the least well off in societies the world over should be kept impoverished so they don't move around so much?

You have some very complex views, alright. Not so sure about the rich part.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,035 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Fianna Fail? Haven't the people of Northern Ireland suffered enough already?

Advertisement