Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir signed me up for a 12 months contract without informing me when I cancelled one o

Options
  • 09-11-2018 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

This is the first time I actually create an account just to complain about a service. This is how bad it got.

I did NOT want to have a new 12 months contract. And I did NOT want to pay 80€ for broadband + phone. So I decided to cancel the phone and just keep my broadband. My 12 months contract ends in November and I called a month before to cancel the phone at that time. They NEVER told me that doing this would sign me up for another 12 month contract. Now, why would I pay 53€ for broadband only WITH THE 1 YEAR CONTRACT, when I can easily get a way better deal EVEN WITH EIR. This is just ridiculous.
    I have to suffer for hours listening to their 2 stupid songs as I wait for them to answer the phone, hoping they won't just HANG UP after an hour of waiting (which happened twice today already).
    Not only the custumer care is a joke, but they are being dishonest to try to make us pay more than we should, signing us up for things I never agreed but wanted to avoid.

I am tired of wasting my time and sanity trying to fix THEIR mistakes to avoid being financially penalised.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

If you requested a downgrade of your bundle, any change would involve a recontract for said change from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Sheeeep wrote: »
    This is the first time I actually create an account just to complain about a service. This is how bad it got.

I did NOT want to have a new 12 months contract. And I did NOT want to pay 80€ for broadband + phone. So I decided to cancel the phone and just keep my broadband. My 12 months contract ends in November and I called a month before to cancel the phone at that time. They NEVER told me that doing this would sign me up for another 12 month contract. Now, why would I pay 53€ for broadband only WITH THE 1 YEAR CONTRACT, when I can easily get a way better deal EVEN WITH EIR. This is just ridiculous.
    I have to suffer for hours listening to their 2 stupid songs as I wait for them to answer the phone, hoping they won't just HANG UP after an hour of waiting (which happened twice today already).
    Not only the custumer care is a joke, but they are being dishonest to try to make us pay more than we should, signing us up for things I never agreed but wanted to avoid.

I am tired of wasting my time and sanity trying to fix THEIR mistakes to avoid being financially penalised.

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear this. If this change was made over the phone and you were entering a new contract then the customer service representative would be obliged to tell you this. You can make an official complaint via our website and request that the call recording be listened to in order to get this matter resolved.

Thanks.

Sarah

Advertisement