Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you need to go through a broker to take out a PRSA?

• 09-11-2018 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

This may seem an obvious question but as far as I can tell pension brokers just set up my PRSA then take 1.5% of my money every year

Can't I just go direct to Zurich or Aviva and set it up? How would I do that? Should I be going through a broker instead and there's something I'm missing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,586 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

The direct staff of the insurer will be on commission.

You won't save anything by going direct.

You will save by using a discount broker, like www.labrokers.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Geuze wrote: »
    The direct staff of the insurer will be on commission.

You won't save anything by going direct.

You will save by using a discount broker, like www.labrokers.ie

2nd them, sound bunch

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

vicwatson wrote: »
    2nd them, sound bunch

They can't advise though. Make a mistake and you'll end up with a cheap but unsuitable pension.

Get proper advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

They can't advise though. Make a mistake and you'll end up with a cheap but unsuitable pension.

Get proper advice.

I still second them;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

vicwatson wrote: »
    I still second them;)

Not everyone is as financially savvy as you vic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement