Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH installation equipment ONT / ODP / Wireless Routers etc...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

fritzelly wrote: »
    How may times have you been told the ONT is serial registered for a connection
    Anything else popped in there won't work
    Geez

Every DP port is allocated to an address, the ONT is then registered to that DP - end of story, you cannot start using your own hardware to start communicating with OE's exchange servers.

In fact if you did then you would be interfering with their network and there are repurcussions for that.

has anyone physically tried a different ONT ? - i have been told either on this thread or the other thread that it is probable that you would be kicked off and that there could be repurcussions

I know one day I am pretty sure i will read that someone has physically tried it and what happened in a vlow by blow account , whether it worked or not, at what point didnt it work and whether they just put the original ONT back and it carried on working or whether service was disconnected - and whether it affected others fibre connection and (if any) comeback/repurcussions from openeir

Not tried by me because I wouldnt know how to correct something if it went wrong, and I dont want to ruin other peoples connection, nor be kicked off fibre or face any legal suite from openeir .. but I bet someone brave enough one day will try it just to see what will happen , these generic ONT's are freely available to bu on the internet these days. - if someone does give it a go and post up their findings in the real world I will be all ears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

My ftth is down all evening.
    The internet light isn't working on the f2000.

The WiFi light is flashing.
    Has anyone any ideas?
    I've checked all the connections but everything looks ok.

Wrong thread but have you checked to see of it's another DNS issue with Eir?
    Try opening a command prompt and ping 8.8.8.8

https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/How_to_run_a_ping_test

Let me know if you can ping that IP, I can help once you are getting a response.

My ftth is down all evening.
    The internet light isn't working on the f2000.

The WiFi light is flashing.
    Has anyone any ideas?
    I've checked all the connections but everything looks ok.

have you rebooted / turned off the router , waited a few seconds and plugged the router back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

has anyone physically tried a different ONT ? - i have been told either on this thread or the other thread that it is probable that you would be kicked off and that there could be repurcussions

Again !!

This has been answered. It's not possible. Even if the installer comes out, replaces the ONT and doesn't provision it right .. not even one of the certified ones will work until it's set up on the OLT .. which you don't have access to.

Why is it, that you're doing a complete reset on questions that have been answered clearly as the day. And ask them again a page later ?

And yes ... you qualify as troll or plain stupid at this point. You don't even apply common sense.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

has anyone physically tried a different ONT ?

Holy sh1t can a mod please lock the thread, we've had enough laps at this stage

• Advertisement

Yes you do ..... why else ask questions and not accept the answers from those who work in the industry?

dont worry - i go to the doctors sometimes (only when dragged) and ask questions and then use my discretion as to follow up on their recommendations and advice too :)

Holy sh1t can a mod please lock the thread, we've had enough laps at this stage

that would be OTT . I started my own thread . you are not forced to read it and answer it ... but you want it locked ... because you say so?

that would be OTT . I started my own thread . you are not forced to read it and answer it ... but you want it locked ... because you say so?

No ... I think actually you warrant a ban from boards by now.

Just to safeguard peoples sanity.

How much ignorance is possible ?

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    Again !!

And yes ... you qualify as troll or plain stupid at this point. You don't even apply common sense.

/M

think what you like - why cant you get back to your rural FTTH thread if you dont like my thread I have started? - I feel you are trolling by keep telling me I have been answered, and feel like you want me to shut up and stop asking questions again and you keep saying that to me

oh and add calling me plain stupid on top ....

if you dont like my thread I have started?

There is the core issue. You aren't here to openly discuss and learn.

You are here for selfish reasons. Having your own thread is all that matters at this point. Trying to find ways to sabotage telecoms infrastructure to have it your own way .. disregardless of the cost to the operator.

Because you certainly ignore all the advice and technical information you've been given.

I think your best plan is to move to the UK and get a connection from BT. That should be a happy medium for everybody ... apart from the Brits.

/M

• Advertisement

UK's too close, I think we've established he'd be happier with China Telecom. He certainly loves their low speed outdated devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Just everyone stop replying to him...
    Fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

tuxy wrote: »
    Wrong thread but have you checked to see of it's another DNS issue with Eir?
    Try opening a command prompt and ping 8.8.8.8

https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/How_to_run_a_ping_test

Let me know if you can ping that IP, I can help once you are getting a response.

Can't ping as I've no laptop with me.

Tried rebooting but no joy.

I know it's the wrong thread but it's a diversion from Andy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭banie01

banie01 wrote: »
    To emphasise that he's only curious and asking questions.
    He is the victim here, ;)

Called it in the first few posts ;)

UK's too close, I think we've established he'd be happier with China Telecom. He certainly loves their low speed outdated devices.

That's a great plan. Meaning he'd be behind the great firewall of China. No access to any information outside of the chinese republic.

Thumbs up on that.

You should see what sort of knowlegde of network and vpn you need to get any information from the outside, when you're down there.

/M

I know it's the wrong thread but it's a diversion from Andy :D

ahem who started this thread ... - why wouldnt i putting a lot of input and writing a lot of posts into it?

That's a great plan. Meaning he'd be behind the great firewall of China. No access to any information outside of the chinese republic.

Thumbs up on that.

You should see what sort of knowlegde of network and vpn you need to get any information from the outside, when you're down there.

/M

But is boards.ie blocked?

I'll post this just to be sure

tiananmen-square-front.jpg

Thumbs up on that.

/M

scaremongering - I am sure these routers such as the generic HG8245 even though it has single band N wireless is not locked to chinese network

• Registered Users Posts: 17,444 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

scaremongering - I am sure these routers such as the generic HG8245 even though it has single band N wireless is not locked to chinese network

Now just showing your lack of how wifi works (cross over from the other thread)

banie01 wrote: »
    Called it in the first few posts ;)

yay! - you win!! ... you win ... Nothing!

• Advertisement

pathetic this is.

I have been on boards for years and have never heard of anyone being told what they can and cannot post in the own thread they started unless they are breaking any rules and I am not breaking any rules

People being abusive to another board member (me) and ganging up and ridiculing another member and going wildly off topic just to get reactions and get others to join in ... well I dunno whether thats allowed

I was told to start my own thread and thats what I have done people.

feel free to go somewhere else if you dont like it and stop answering me.

fritzelly wrote: »
    Now just showing your lack of how wifi works (cross over from the other thread)

what do you mean? - if a box being sold as generic I am purpoting its not locked to any china telecoms and does not have the china firewalls?

what do you mean? - if a box being sold as generic I am purpoting its not locked to any china telecoms and does not have the china firewalls?

Your worldly knowledge also is lacking.

All of China is behind a big firewall. Internet access to the outside of China is scensored and extremely limited.

That's the reason, why every single mountain Internet Cafe in Nepal has a satelite internet uplink. It's the only way they get uncensored news.

This is not at router level. This is at a country level.

/M

That's not what he said though, is this the actual issue? You can't comprehend the English language?

There is the core issue. You aren't here to openly discuss and learn.

You are here for selfish reasons. Having your own thread is all that matters at this point. ...
    /M

are you trying to tell me now what I can and cannot post in my own thread I started now?

sure most of it is for my own gain because people were getting fed up with me posting on the FTTH rural thread .

But I am certainly not discounting anyone else who wants to join in on discussions about the ONT and Wireless routers for FTTH if they want to and if it is grown up sensible talk ~

Your worldly knowledge also is lacking.

All of China is behind a big firewall. Internet access to the outside of China is scensored and extremely limited.

That's the reason, why every single mountain Internet Cafe in Nepal has a satelite internet uplink. It's the only way they get uncensored news.

This is not at router level. This is at a country level.

/M

dont live in China - not interested in China , no thanks before you ask I dont want to read up on China , or be spoon fed information on China and their firewalls -

• Registered Users Posts: 17,444 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Breaking news - you don't own a thread you started.

You are just looking for someone to agree with you and do what is not allowed, won't work and will end up screwing everyone else up
    You are not allowed to interfere with OE's network - that means implanting your own ONT on to their network. End of story, stop recycling the same crap.

That's not what he said though, is this the actual issue? You can't comprehend the English language?

I started up a thread to discuss about the ONT and wireless equipment used for FTTH in ireland ... how has it ended up as a discussion of this crap?

are you trying to tell me now what I can and cannot post in my own thread I started now?

I suggest you start your own forum then. This forum is not owned by you :)

/M

• Advertisement

I started up a thread to discuss about the ONT and wireless equipment used for FTTH in ireland ... how has it ended up as a discussion of this crap?

Because you reap what you sow.

Advertisement