Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer care

• 09-11-2018 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,

I am trying to contact eir for the last month having signed up to a tv broadband bundle.

I have called three times being left on hold for a half an hour on each occasion.

I have emailed to request a call back twice, I have been onto their chat support who directed me towards their 1901 number previously mentioned for which i was on hold. 

What is going on with this company.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,258 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Yea... good luck with that my friend!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gomango

Yea... good luck with that my friend!

Jaynee mac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

Absolute **** hole of a company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

tuxy wrote: »
    Yep, nearly all the support staff (customer care, sales etc) have been made redundant.  They are trying to rehire people into their west coast centers - but not happening.
    Don't blame the guy/gall you get thru to

• Advertisement

I really would like to comprehend Eir's motive behind lying about this.
    You would think that explaining that they are restructuring their customer care division in an attempt to improve service would be an honest and acceptable answer to peoples questions on the wait time while calling 1901.
    The contempt they have shown for their customers with such blatant lies would indicate that the only thing that will change when this is finally sorted is the wait times. We can expect the usual low quality customer service we have come to know from Eir to continue. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

tuxy wrote: »
    I really would like to comprehend Eir's motive behind lying about this.
    You would think that explaining that they are restructuring their customer care division in an attempt to improve service would be an honest and acceptable answer to peoples questions on the wait time while calling 1901.
    The contempt they have shown for their customers with such blatant lies would indicate that the only thing that will change when this is finally sorted is the wait times. We can expect the usual low quality customer service we have come to know from Eir to continue. 
    I'm certainly not privy as to why they wanted rid of everyone before they had staff trained up to take on the roles but it really does beggar belief that a big company would do this. What I am told is that the retainment level of new recruits is less than 50%. Probably half of them will be on to new jobs within a few months
    Also doesn't help when the eir reps on here are giving out the wrong numbers to call (i.e. OpenEir, aka KN appointments who can do nothing about your order)
    Certainly doesn't look good from a consumer point of view when trying to contact someone in customer care (or any other dept) and it takes at least an hour to even get thru to the incumbent telco company in the country
    Research the new owner - may give clues...

Well **** really does trickle down because whoever approved the message about large volume of calls is probably much higher up in the company than the reps on here. I'd actually expect and understand such dishonesty if the whole thing wasn't public. They have gone beyond the point of caring if the customer knows they are lying and that's a large unusual step in the wrong direction when it comes to customer care.
    Very good point about the new owners, I know nothing about them. I'll look into it.

Advertisement