Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EirSport/Setanta cancellation - refused even though service cut

Options
  • 09-11-2018 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭

Why has my SetantaGo service which I have paid for a year in advance been shut down?

I rang EirSport (Setanta in Scotland really) to be told Eir HQ have shut down the service and no, I am not entitled to cancel until my years contract expires next August. This is mad. I paid for a service which used to include and extra sky box and online access.

Now I have no second sky box access as they won't turn it on when  I switched to sky Q and now setantaGo website shut down with no notice. 
    Please contact me to refund me my money as I want to cancel immediately. 2/3 of my service is gone and I am still expected to pay the full amount? Seriously?

Please give us people who subscribe via Sky back our online access in some way. Either re-open SetantaGo or give us access to the full EirSport online service...we PAID FOR IT!!!!!

I do not have phone, broadband or tv via Eir...does this mean I cannot get access to EirSport online? The Scottish call centre are useless and just say to contact Eir...They will gladly take my money but wont give me service or even let me cancel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Ludo wrote: »
    Why has my SetantaGo service which I have paid for a year in advance been shut down?

I rang EirSport (Setanta in Scotland really) to be told Eir HQ have shut down the service and no, I am not entitled to cancel until my years contract expires next August. This is mad. I paid for a service which used to include and extra sky box and online access.

Now I have no second sky box access as they won't turn it on when  I switched to sky Q and now setantaGo website shut down with no notice. 
    Please contact me to refund me my money as I want to cancel immediately. 2/3 of my service is gone and I am still expected to pay the full amount? Seriously?

Please give us people who subscribe via Sky back our online access in some way. Either re-open SetantaGo or give us access to the full EirSport online service...we PAID FOR IT!!!!!

I do not have phone, broadband or tv via Eir...does this mean I cannot get access to EirSport online? The Scottish call centre are useless and just say to contact Eir...They will gladly take my money but wont give me service or even let me cancel.
    Hi Ludo, 

I understand your frustration here. 

The Setenta Go service has been cancelled. This was a free service that we offered to our customer's so you would not be paying anything additional for it. The eir Sport team on 0818 20 30 40 or cs@eirsport.ie are the team that would have information on all these products and services. 

If you have no broadband or mobile with ourselves you would not be able to avail of the eir Sports service I'm afraid. 

I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey  

Advertisement