Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HIBERNIA PME INFO

• 09-11-2018 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I'm thinking of doing PME in Hibernia next year but the thought of online study in bit daunting. I'm worried it sounds a bit lonely do you make friends and is it difficult to motivate yourself to get through lecture etc on your own?

Im repeating Irish this year and was told that hibernia are the only ones who do the interview without the actual results seeing as they only come out in august, can anyone confirm?? That would mean i could start next year rather than having to wait for 2020 like the other courses. Any information on Hibernia at all would be great!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Primary or post primary?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 user9797

Primary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

user9797 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm thinking of doing PME in Hibernia next year but the thought of online study in bit daunting. I'm worried it sounds a bit lonely do you make friends and is it difficult to motivate yourself to get through lecture etc on your own?

Im repeating Irish this year and was told that hibernia are the only ones who do the interview without the actual results seeing as they only come out in august, can anyone confirm?? That would mean i could start next year rather than having to wait for 2020 like the other courses. Any information on Hibernia at all would be great!

I’m post primary so don’t know the exact requirement for the primary.

But for your first part. Is it lonely? No more lonely than any other self-guided learning. There are lots of “lectures” online at set times. They’re interactive so you can get as involved as you like - typing or talking.

There are also lots of onsites where you meet your fellow cohort. So then it boils down to connecting with people in those hours and keeping in touch.

Some self motivation is needed for some of the on demand sessions, but they’re required for doing assignments so that was my reason to engage with them.

Main benefit I had was being able to continue working whilst doing it. The fees are not cheap, so I needed to work to pay the loan.

Advertisement