Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone connection, KN Networks engineer says no cable, Eir need to install?

• 09-11-2018 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I requested a new phone line be installed in my new house (new development in housing estate, no existing phone line). An engineer arrived this morning from KN Networks, and said the cabling he needs to install the line is not in place, that he would be unable to install the line. I needed to contact Eir to find out when it would be put in place.

I contacted Eir via web chat, I was given a Dublin number to call, and got through to Open Eir. They redirected me to Eir sales. After 55 minutes on hold, I was initially told that everything was in place for the engineer this morning, the install should have gone ahead. After emphasising that it is a new house (only completed a couple of weeks ago), and that the KN Networks engineer was adamant that the cabling he needed not in place, they diverted my call back to Open Eir, who again told me they could not deal directly with me, that Eir should be contacting them on my behalf.

I now have no idea where my order is, if it has been closed or if it is being progressed. Please help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

If its a new build you could be waiting months before an install can go ahead - this is usually up to the developer to arrange network builds but should be doing at least 6 months in advance of completion.

Depending on where you are it could also be that the estate is going to be FTTH only and that will likely add to the wait time.
    No point calling Open eir - they cannot tell you anything about your order (it was probably the KN appointments team you got thru to who are there just for appointments!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

altopal wrote: »
    I requested a new phone line be installed in my new house (new development in housing estate, no existing phone line). An engineer arrived this morning from KN Networks, and said the cabling he needs to install the line is not in place, that he would be unable to install the line. I needed to contact Eir to find out when it would be put in place.

I contacted Eir via web chat, I was given a Dublin number to call, and got through to Open Eir. They redirected me to Eir sales. After 55 minutes on hold, I was initially told that everything was in place for the engineer this morning, the install should have gone ahead. After emphasising that it is a new house (only completed a couple of weeks ago), and that the KN Networks engineer was adamant that the cabling he needed not in place, they diverted my call back to Open Eir, who again told me they could not deal directly with me, that Eir should be contacting them on my behalf.

I now have no idea where my order is, if it has been closed or if it is being progressed. Please help.
    Hi altopal, 

Apologies for the confusion here. 

If you PM me your account/order number, full name on the account, date of birth and email address I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement