Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭5i6blrtngojxwf

bottar1 wrote: »
    If you are from the 2018 campaign I wouldn't go calling about vetting at the mo! Very early days sure none of us even have a date for fitness do we?

Last thing I heard they didn’t decide if we’re in weekends or weekdays yet at the open day! In general thought this campaign seems to be fairly quick so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Last thing I heard they didn’t decide if we’re in weekends or weekdays yet at the open day! In general thought this campaign seems to be fairly quick so far?

Seems so...Hope it's a weekend myself :eek:!! Got an open day the 26th myself as-well, gonna go to it!

Doing the 100 miles in February for the mater hospital to try and keep me motivated!! And plenty of HIIT and circuits. Bring on the fitness !!

Seems so...Hope it's a weekend myself :eek:!! Got an open day the 26th myself as-well, gonna go to it!

Doing the 100 miles in February for the mater hospital to try and keep me motivated!! And plenty of HIIT and circuits. Bring on the fitness !!

Had mine the 5th of this month, well worth going to! 100 miles though, I’ll take beep test haha motivation at the moment is gym every day and surviving to see the next day ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

100 miles!!!! Oh nah! Not able. You are way too energetic! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SHIELDSRED

Had mine the 5th of this month, well worth going to! 100 miles though, I’ll take beep test haha motivation at the moment is gym every day and surviving to see the next day ;)

Did they say of upcoming physicals? As when we had ours in December, they told us of upcoming ones.
    Fairly nervous about it to be honest. Push ups are hard!.😟😟

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Red59

Have my meeting with sergeant tomorrow ..can anyone give an insight to what the interview is like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Red59

Have my meeting with sergeant tomorrow ..can anyone give an insight to what the interview is like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

Red59 wrote: »

What’s your OOM if you don’t mind me asking?

Red59 wrote: »

Don’t worry too much about it, you’ve gone through the PAS interview which is much harder! This is informal, character judgement so chat away about yourself, answer any questions honestly and you’ll be grand! :)

Does the Sergeant content you or?

• Advertisement

SHIELDSRED wrote: »
    Does the Sergeant content you or?

Content?

Content?

**contact.. stupid autocorrect

SHIELDSRED wrote: »
    **contact.. stupid autocorrect

Damn autocucumber haha yeah you get a phone call in the first instance from Sgt inviting you to a fairly informal interview and then if they’re happy your file goes to the super. Either a sergeant or the super will call you to invite you to their interview and then your file goes back to HQ to go with the rest of your application. If you don’t answer any of the calls they email apparently too but maybe take the phone off silent to be safe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hendo98

Got a date for the physical. Friday 1st of February. Anyone else get theirs?

Hendo98 wrote: »

Nothing yet here! Must be the first 120 or something first?

Are you 2018 campaign??? And if so would u mind if i ask your oom?

Im [snipped] and nothing yet

Im oom 56 and nothing yet

56, that’s interesting now! I saw a few people from 2016 campaign have to redo their fitness but don’t know how many people are taken in each batch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Holy moly! That's quick. Nope! What OOM are you? And 2018 campaign? I'm guessing OOM doesn't really matter at this stage when getting called for physical/medical, but curious anyway.

WhatsApp group anyone? Have a few people in for one so any 2018 campaign heads in stage 4? Pm if interested :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Tomohawk85

Im oom 56 and nothing yet

I'm oom 22 and haven't heard from them yet.

Tomohawk85 wrote: »
    I'm oom 22 and haven't heard from them yet.

Neither have i 😲😲😲😲

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

Is there more than one from 2018 who has got an invite to the PCT?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Amy_123

Just wondering anyone who got interview results in December, have ye heard anything yet about the GP form or the chat with the sergeant?

Amy_123 wrote: »
    Just wondering anyone who got interview results in December, have ye heard anything yet about the GP form or the chat with the sergeant?

Some have and some haven’t, all a waiting game at the mo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rossd92

1. Anyone heading to templemore for the open day on the 26th? Are ye wearing training gear going or getting changed up there?

2. Met my local sergeant last week, said the next step is to meet the local superintendent. Anyone done this yet? Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

rossd92 wrote: »
    1. Anyone heading to templemore for the open day on the 26th? Are ye wearing training gear going or getting changed up there?

2. Met my local sergeant last week, said the next step is to meet the local superintendent. Anyone done this yet? Any advice?

Yeah I am, gonna get changed down there, what’s your OOM? Haven’t been called yet

rossd92 wrote: »

I changed down there but the trainer said were ye not told to wear tracksuits....It doesnt matter whether you do or not but it's easier if you just wear your tracksuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Smallboy

If you haven't heard anything in roughly over a month should it be considered to contact HR and ask about what's going on or is a month too little of time to have passed? I know there's people still waiting for the last couple of years so I wouldn't mind waiting, just curious if anyone knows if you contact HR like if there's anything you could ask them to see if they're missing anything for you?

• Advertisement

Smallboy wrote: »
    If you haven't heard anything in roughly over a month should it be considered to contact HR and ask about what's going on or is a month too little of time to have passed? I know there's people still waiting for the last couple of years so I wouldn't mind waiting, just curious if anyone knows if you contact HR like if there's anything you could ask them to see if they're missing anything for you?

You could but a few people here have already and were told they’d be contacted in due course, it’ll probably be a similar result!

Advertisement