Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭leheaven

Hi All, wondering could anyone help me? I completed interview in Feb and was placed at about 800 OOM but I haven’t hear a thing since. I saw today that there is a new recruitment campaign launched.... wondering should I apply or just wait?

You can apply while in a campaign so no harm in doing it. Keep going with current campaign as well though. You will get called for pct in the next few weeks prob.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

leheaven wrote: »
    25kg to pass unless you get the compensation. If you do the obstacle course under 3 mins you get 2.5kg off, works the opposite way too! It’s 20 seconds you must maintain same level, they will tell you after what you got and if you passed.

Does it beep for each push/pull ?

Jecz wrote: »
    Does it beep for each push/pull ?

Ya it does, you must make each beep (allowed miss 1 I think) Adrenaline will get you there. I missed nearly every second beep in the practice but didn’t miss one in the actual test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Ya it does, you must make each beep (allowed miss 1 I think) Adrenaline will get you there. I missed nearly every second beep in the practice but didn’t miss one in the actual test.

What do you mean by missed the beep. Didn't push/pull at the required level? Thanks

CZ 453 wrote: »
    What do you mean by missed the beep. Didn't push/pull at the required level? Thanks

There’s a beep when you push it to the top and as well when you pull it back. The force of exertion back and forth is recorded as well.

• Advertisement

There’s a beep when you push it to the top and as well when you pull it back. The force of exertion back and forth is recorded as well.

So you have to push it all the way forward then it beeps to indicate pulling it all the way back? Or do you have to get it all the way forward before it beeps?

CZ 453 wrote: »
    So you have to push it all the way forward then it beeps to indicate pulling it all the way back? Or do you have to get it all the way forward before it beeps?

You must get it all the way forward (beep) all the way back (beep). They’ll explain it all before you do it anyway. As long as your working on your strength in the weeks up to the test, it shouldn’t be any bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

The test announces the level and you must stop at your own level. No extra points for doing more lol

Haha that’s a pity 😊 have been missing your posts, did you get in for April ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Harley2016

Hey guys,

I called the vetting office today they said my vetting had started in last few weeks, I had my interview in December (so frustrating they lost loads my vetting form). Any way does anyone know what next process is? When do you get the invite to go to your station in is ages away still or should I be expecting that soon?

Any one have any idea about the intakes this year?

Henry2006 wrote: »
    Haha that’s a pity 😊 have been missing your posts, did you get in for April ?

Really haha. No I haven’t but only did pct recently. Fingers crossed for the summer though. What are you waiting on?

• Advertisement

Harley2016 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I called the vetting office today they said my vetting had started in last few weeks, I had my interview in December (so frustrating they lost loads my vetting form). Any way does anyone know what next process is? When do you get the invite to go to your station in is ages away still or should I be expecting that soon?

Any one have any idea about the intakes this year?

Expect local interviews any day. Mine weren’t long after my interview but it does all depend on your local station as I know others waiting a lot longer.

Rumours are another intake in summer and towards end of the year.

Expect local interviews any day. Mine weren’t long after my interview but it does all depend on your local station as I know others waiting a lot longer.

Has your vetting all gone through yet? I'm worried mine going to take ages cause lived in UK and Oz. I was vetted 3 times already last year due to college and jobs which went through within 6 weeks but I know this is different to that so have no idea what to expect.

Has your vetting all gone through yet? I'm worried mine going to take ages cause lived in UK and Oz. I was vetted 3 times already last year due to college and jobs which went through within 6 weeks but I know this is different to that so have no idea what to expect.

Roche2018 wrote: »
    Sorry if questions have already been asked and answered but got the date for the physical test Friday 12th April and and a bit nervous!

I'm heading up from Waterford and thinking of actually staying over the night before, would anyone recommend that as opposed to heading up that morning? Did travelling and being up extra early affect anyone on the day?

Also any girls that have done the physical, are they very strict on the push ups? As in my bum rises up a little while doing them but not much at all, just wondering how strict they are or would they let me know while doing them to readjust?

And any advice or good tips for the push pull as I'm not the strongest at 5'5 tall?

I travelled up the morning of mine and I’d no problems, get to bed early and don’t work out the day before! I know other people who went up the night before so all down to what day you’d prefer to travel.
    They go through the requirements before you set off to the testing, you get to practice a push up so the instructor can inform you if you need to adjust. Honestly they are okay and if your doing them at home you’ll fly it up there.
    I’m 5’6” and I’ve only been building up my strength since start of feb when I got info of pct requirments. You will be okay height wise, just make sure to put your body behind the push pull not just arms, you’ll have more strength that way.

Best of luck, enjoy and mingle with the others :)

I actually have no idea if my vetting is finished. I haven’t enquired yet. I was a bit worried as I’d heard nothing since feb but then had pct lately so I’m not too worried atm. I’ve only 1 relation living abroad so I’m hoping mine won’t be long. If you’ve lived away yourself, could be a bit longer for ya honestly. The vetting for work and Coll is not as extensive but if nothing has cropped up for ya I wouldn’t be too worried. Have you emailed HRM or called? (Since the last time)

I actually have no idea if my vetting is finished. I haven’t enquired yet. I was a bit worried as I’d heard nothing since feb but then had pct lately so I’m not too worried atm. I’ve only 1 relation living abroad so I’m hoping mine won’t be long. If you’ve lived away yourself, could be a bit longer for ya honestly. The vetting for work and Coll is not as extensive but if nothing has cropped up for ya I wouldn’t be too worried. Have you emailed HRM or called? (Since the last time)

I've been talking to them every month because they kept emailing me asking for information that I provided up at my interview and the public jobs person said was all correct.. Been so frustrating I may as well of filled out another form with the stuff they lost.. I got email end march and sent that info in again and then called today they said it had started the vetting process so hopeing that's a good sign anyway. Awh yeah nothing on my recored or any my families I know that for fact have uncle in army so he has gone through it to and nothing showed up for him so hopefully it won't take to long.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Really haha. No I haven’t but only did pct recently. Fingers crossed for the summer though. What are you waiting on?

You definitely will. It’s not me it’s my daughter applying, I’m the anxious mum lol she’s waiting for a date for pct and has interview with sergeant tomorrow in our house which I thought was a bit strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

Next intake confirmed as mid July (I think the 15th but can’t remember) followed by mid December :)

Hot_Fuzz wrote: »
    Next intake confirmed as mid July (I think the 15th but can’t remember) followed by mid December :)

Where you hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JamesMcClean

Where you hear that?

There are a lot of rumours going around but I think he is telling the truth. Somebody with inside knowledge obviously passed on the message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Barry69

There are a lot of rumours going around but I think he is telling the truth. Somebody with inside knowledge obviously passed on the message.

It was on the garda website a while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

Barry69 wrote: »

And there I was about to get some mileage on the “insider scoop” story ;)

Yeah but they took it down, so it remains a rumour of sorts which has been passed around by the few legends who saw it. :cool:

A chap posted it here from an FOI request. Three intakes. April July Dec

Yeah but they took it down, so it remains a rumour of sorts which has been passed around by the few legends who saw it. :cool:

No they didn't take it down, it's still there with the dates of the next intake.

No they didn't take it down, it's still there with the dates of the next intake.

A page which only a few of us legends know about. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

For the PCT do hands have to be behind your head for sit ups?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,430 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Fingertips to temples at all times

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

Witcher wrote: »
    Fingertips to temples at all times

And is it chest to knees or elbows to knees , online video looked like they sit up just enough for elbows to touch there knees

• Advertisement

Jecz wrote: »
    And is it chest to knees or elbows to knees , online video looked like they sit up just enough for elbows to touch there knees

Elbows to knees and shoulders to hit the mat when you fall back each time.

Advertisement