Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Theclarerose

Conji21 wrote: »
    Yeah its embarrassing how long it takes them to filter applicants , hopefully commissioner harris sorts it out
    yeah! Just when you think your nearly at the end of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Planes 1997

Does anyone know what the procedure is for a repeat fitness test? I failed on the press ups got 24/25! Devastating after passing everything else not a bother the arm just gave way

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Does anyone know what the procedure is for a repeat fitness test? I failed on the press ups got 24/25! Devastating after passing everything else not a bother the arm just gave way

Oh no that’s awful after doing so well. They will let you repeat it in 3 months, that’s how it was in 2016 campaign so assume it’s the same

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Userdb

I recently failed on push pull :( flew the rest. Does anyone know if I’m automatically in for an appeal or do I have to ring/email?

I know how u feel. Absolutely gutted I failed push pull I worked so hard for this since 2017 and still in limbo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,430 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

If it's your first failure then they will contact you in 10 weeks or so, you don't have to rearrange yourself.

Witcher wrote: »
    If it's your first failure then they will contact you in 10 weeks or so, you don't have to rearrange yourself.

Thank you,

That’s so far away :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Userdb wrote: »
    Thank you,

That’s so far away :(

Sorry to hear you failed the push pull.

Was it the beeps you missed or was it not enough strength exerted in push/pull?

Can they put you on a cancellation list for a retest? I don’t need to build up fitness. Wouldn’t mind I swear the person looking at me counted two push ups as one one!

Can they put you on a cancellation list for a retest? I don’t need to build up fitness. Wouldn’t mind I swear the person looking at me counted two push ups as one one!

Did you go all the way down in the push ups? Like tip your nose.

• Advertisement

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Did you go all the way down in the push ups? Like tip your nose.

Yeah went the full way down each time!

Does anyone know if they can call you in before the 12 week waiting period for a retest?

Does anyone know if they can call you in before the 12 week waiting period for a retest?

All I've heard so far is people waiting the full 12 weeks/3 months.

Email them and ask if you can be put on cancellation list

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

Does anybody know if your BMI is over 25, do you get deferred for 3 months and retested or fo you continue in the process in your current position and have to drop the weight within 3 months

Jecz wrote: »
    Does anybody know if your BMI is over 25, do you get deferred for 3 months and retested or fo you continue in the process in your current position and have to drop the weight within 3 months

I think it's over 30. Under it is supposed to be grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

Jecz wrote: »

Deferral only with over 30BMI unless there’s some kind of abnormality.. I was 27BMI and passed no bother

• Jecz wrote: »

A guy at my medical got told he needed to come back and repeat the medical as his BMI was 30, he was fairly peed off understandably because he was not overweight at all

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Check your emails guys PCT dates back in for those of you that got cancelled. Got mine for Friday 17th May. Fingers crossed they dont cancel us again.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 lyonsie01

Where are ye emailing to see if the background checks have started?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

lyonsie01 wrote: »
    Where are ye emailing to see if the background checks have started?

I rang them yesterday 016662571, they said I still had vetting outstanding but they said they are not allowed to say what parts they are . I said all I have left is my medical, and they said the next intake is July so hopefully it's all done by then

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Koccy89

I know how u feel. Absolutely gutted I failed push pull I worked so hard for this since 2017 and still in limbo

Still in limbo ? have you not had your retest ??

Koccy89 wrote: »
    Still in limbo ? have you not had your retest ??

No I didn’t get through stage 2 from 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Harley2016

Got my date for fitness test 24th May worried I won't past bleep test what type training people doing for it?

Harley2016 wrote: »
    Got my date for fitness test 24th May worried I won't past bleep test what type training people doing for it?

My daughter has hers then too

Henry2006 wrote: »
    My daughter has hers then too

How's she doing for bleep test?

How's she doing for bleep test?

She’s nearly there but will have to work hard for next 2 weeks, she’s ok on push ups and sit ups, how are you getting on

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Stickynote10

Hey, I got the same date as you 💪🻠You will be fine what level have you to get in the test? Download the app and get someone to do it with you a few time, that’s what I’ve been doing and then have been running the other days

Cause I'm old��I've to get level 6.6 I hit level 5.6 yesterday I should be fine I hope ha should be hitting 6.6 next week. What about your self what level you have to get to? I was running every second day but actually think that hindered my training I was going backwards as to forwards so I'm just doing the test every day now with extra sprints ar the end when I stop.

• Advertisement

What app you talking about by the way I just put it on YouTube?

Advertisement