Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sabrinam002

EH95 wrote: »
    Could anyone who has the done the fitness test already tell me does the beep test start on level 1 or does it start like 0.1, 0.2 etc.? Some differ

Also anyone from cork have there pct on the 21st?

Starts at level 1 and they start calling out when you get closer to your goal and tell you when to stop so I had to hit 6.6 and my instructor start calling out 5.. 5.1.. 5.2.. etc

• Registered Users Posts: 39 EH95

Starts at level 1 and they start calling out when you get closer to your goal and tell you when to stop so I had to hit 6.6 and my instructor start calling out 5.. 5.1.. 5.2.. etc

Oh right I've been using a test that starts at 0.1 and I've been hitting 7.9... I presume that's 8.9 on there one.. thanks for the reply ðŸ‘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

EH95 wrote: »
    Oh right I've been using a test that starts at 0.1 and I've been hitting 7.9... I presume that's 8.9 on there one.. thanks for the reply ðŸ‘

Drop me a message if you want the official one, can send it on WhatsApp

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Stevencallan

Hi guys
    I just sent my gp clearance form to head offfice was wondering how soon you get a offer for the fitness test once they get the letter
    Also does this mean u have pass the vetting or is that still processing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I take it if you fail the physical at any point you can just head off then instead of hanging about? Do you have to use the mats for the push ups?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 EH95

Hi guys
    I just sent my gp clearance form to head offfice was wondering how soon you get a offer for the fitness test once they get the letter
    Also does this mean u have pass the vetting or is that still processing

I had to send mine back by 28th may and got email on the 7th June inviting me for the 21st

Not to sure about vetting process tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sabrinam002

CZ 453 wrote: »
    I take it if you fail the physical at any point you can just head off then instead of hanging about? Do you have to use the mats for the push ups?

No you finish out the day regardless. And yes sit ups and push up on the mats

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Just wondering about the 2 different induction weeks - if you start on the first one, are you then off for a week while the 2nd induction week starts or how does it work

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Keelster97

Just wondering about the 2 different induction weeks - if you start on the first one, are you then off for a week while the 2nd induction week starts or how does it work
    Wasn't aware there was two induction weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Barry69

Keelster97 wrote: »

Week one is the 1st of July.
    Week two is the 8th of July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

Keelster97 wrote: »
    The 1st and the 8th I believe. Then proper intake on the 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

Hi everyone

Congrats to all who have made it this far. I have a question if anyone could shine any light on it.

What exactly is discussed when you meet with the super and sergeant. Is it like a formal job interview or a relaxed chat and see how you react to certain questions?

Finally got my date for fitness test..doing mine on the 5th July anyone else have that date ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Conji21

Finally got my date for fitness test..doing mine on the 5th July anyone else have that date ?

May i ask when you did your interview ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Harley2016

Has anyone heard is 15th July is full yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rover1928

Invites were still going out up to today.

Would imagine it's very close to full capacity after today.

Conji21 wrote: »
    May i ask when you did your interview ?

Had my interview on the 18/02/2019

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

Some help folks - I’ve deferred my fitness test twice due to injury on my ankle / foot. I have to get another doctors note to them by end of June. But unfortunately I’ve a date of 2nd July to have my gallbladder removed so I’m not going to be fit in July/August. Is it okay to defer again and with a different reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

Uweir32 wrote: »
    Some help folks - I’ve deferred my fitness test twice due to injury on my ankle / foot. I have to get another doctors note to them by end of June. But unfortunately I’ve a date of 2nd July to have my gallbladder removed so I’m not going to be fit in July/August. Is it okay to defer again and with a different reason?

Gonna have to explain that to HRM but not sure how many times you can defer.. they’re the only people with the answers though!

Had my interview on the 18/02/2019

How long after sending off your gp clearance did you get a fitness test ? Sorry for all the questions

• Advertisement

How long after sending off your gp clearance did you get a fitness test ? Sorry for all the questions

I sent away my gp clearance form and within a week or so I got a date for my fitness test which was in two weeks.
    Being honest I did not expect it so quick hopefully I’ve enough training done to get me by

I sent away my gp clearance form and within a week or so I got a date for my fitness test which was in two weeks.
    Being honest I did not expect it so quick hopefully I’ve enough training done to get me by

Just got mine there im on tge 5th aswell , hooefully we be okay haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Burges95

Im in on the 5th aswell, have deffered a few times because of a back injury and im not back to full fitness yet, really hoping adrenaline kicks in on the day 😑

Burges95 wrote: »
    Im in on the 5th aswell, have deffered a few times because of a back injury and im not back to full fitness yet, really hoping adrenaline kicks in on the day 😑

I’m hoping for the exact same myself.
    Not looking forward to the push pull machine

Just got mine there im on tge 5th aswell , hooefully we be okay haha

Fingers crossed

Burges95 wrote: »

Best of luck , im sure we will be grand

Do you only get 1 chance at the sit up test ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

Do you only get 1 chance at the sit up test ?
    On the day yes. But if u fail you get a 2nd chance in about 12 weeks to repeat it.

Tmac35 wrote: »
    On the day yes. But if u fail you get a 2nd chance in about 12 weeks to repeat it.

Thanks mac , is that the same for every test ? Or do you repeat the whole fitness test ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

Thanks mac , is that the same for every test ? Or do you repeat the whole fitness test ?

The 1st part is the bleep test then the sit ups & push ups, if you fail 1 part of that you have to repeat all 3 parts next time. If you pass the obstacle course & push pull machine you don’t have to repeat that.

Advertisement