Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

Userdb wrote: »
    Any offers gone out?

No havent heard anything here anyway s.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Rhys1995

Jake5991 wrote: »
    No havent heard anything here anyway s.

Offers went out Friday the 20th and 27th . A friend of mine got his at 5:15pm on Friday the 20th . The second round of offers went out after 6pm on the 27th . Seems to be every Friday evening .

Thanks for that how many are they taking in ? And when is the next intake ?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Userdb

Rang hq, he said there will be more offers going out in the next couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

Did anyone stay overnight in and around templemore for their PCT? I’m travelling down from Belfast so it’s almost 4 hour drive and would mean leaving before 5am, considering staying ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Barry69

Uweir32 wrote: »
    Did anyone stay overnight in and around templemore for their PCT? I’m travelling down from Belfast so it’s almost 4 hour drive and would mean leaving before 5am, considering staying ...

You can stay in the Templemore arms or stay in Thurles and drive over , it's only a few min.

There are a few b and bs in and around Templemore too

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

I stayed at Oakdale B&B €50 was cheap and cheerful 5 min drive from college,there was few lads from the college living there and Tony the owner sound chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

I did the same, stayed over, Templemore Arms hotel, 10 out of 10

Jake5991 wrote: »
    Thanks for that how many are they taking in ? And when is the next intake ?

As far as I know they have to fill the 200-210 spaces and nothing less than that .

Next intake starts on the 25th of November. First induction week is from the 11th-14th of November and the second the following week .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 raftershellpen

Got my offer this morning! Accepted & delighted, see you all for induction!

Any whatsApp groups or anything for those of us lucky enough to have got an offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bubbles1984

Congrats to all who got offers! Can I ask what your OOM's were so we can try and gauge whereabouts they're at...

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

Congrats to all who got offers! Can I ask what your OOM's were so we can try and gauge whereabouts they're at...

My oom is 170 and I'm still waiting on vetting to be completed. Not sure if oom really matters at this stage, but maybe I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bubbles1984

I thought the same but I spoke with HR last week and apparently it does... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanD123

Hi guys,

Just wondering about form b and the academic reference? Is there a procedure the referee will have to follow? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 raftershellpen

SeanD123 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just wondering about form b and the academic reference? Is there a procedure the referee will have to follow? Thanks!

I just filled it in with his name & phone number. Don't know if he was contacted but I didn't follow any specific procedure

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dave3345

With vetting I have it all filled out. So is it to now print it off attach photo ID and sign the paper at the end. Then scan it ? Also with the addresses I can’t see them in full because of the length. Will this not be a problem when I print ?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Stevencallan

Does anyone know how long the wait is between when u see the sergeant and super I've done all my test since early August seen sergeant but still waiting to see the super
    Take it I won't make the November intake by the rate this going at

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

Does anyone know how long the wait is between when u see the sergeant and super I've done all my test since early August seen sergeant but still waiting to see the super
    Take it I won't make the November intake by the rate this going at

Every station is different, I was 3 days!! Everything done & dusted since early July, was told I’ve a good chance with this intake, rang yesterday still one piece of vetting outstanding so maybe not this one!!

Hi folks sorry to go on but I have my PCT next week and I’m nervous... any advice or tips?
    What was the trickiest part of the obstacle course and what were your times?

Also my BMI is still high do I need to be under 25? Is it under 30 for a retest? I’ve read the booklet and it says under 30 shall be considered

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Conji21

Hi folks sorry to go on but I have my PCT next week and I’m nervous... any advice or tips?

Also my BMI is still high do I need to be under 25? Is it under 30 for a retest? I’ve read the booklet and it says under 30 shall be considered

Don’t go too fast and be careful as if you make a mistake it’s a time penalty and also ducking under the barrier be aware straight after you must clear a mat or you will incur time penalty’s

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Stevencallan

Your bmi only has to be under 30 I was 25.6 and was a pass
    I found the mannequinn the hardest part of the course as it was 45kg ask the instructor for tips on best way to pull it as mine told me 2 ways to lift it.
    Think I done mine in 2 mins and 30 seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SHIELDSRED

Got my offer this morning. Was OOM 53.

Congrats to all who got offers . Does anyone know when the next intake is after November ?
    Im engaged and trying to plan a wedding and all this uncertainty is causing problems .

• Registered Users Posts: 31 deniseecath

I'm OOM 93 in the 2018 campaign, and passed PC Retest on the 19th of July this year, but as of two weeks ago HR told me there was still "vetting outstanding" on my application. Anyone else have this issue?
    Also, I'm currently out of my job on certs with two broken fingers due to a work-accident at the beginning of the week. I've got a fracture clinic check-up on the 16th of Oct to see how the healing is progressing, but not sure how long I will be out of work or how long the cast will be on for either. If I get an offer and the cast is off in time, will this affect my application in any way?
    Thanks in advance!

I'm OOM 93 in the 2018 campaign, and passed PC Retest on the 19th of July this year, but as of two weeks ago HR told me there was still "vetting outstanding" on my application. Anyone else have this issue?
    Also, I'm currently out of my job on certs with two broken fingers due to a work-accident at the beginning of the week. I've got a fracture clinic check-up on the 16th of Oct to see how the healing is progressing, but not sure how long I will be out of work or how long the cast will be on for either. If I get an offer and the cast is off in time, will this affect my application in any way?
    Thanks in advance!

I passed my retest In August . I rang hq and im waiting on vetting too. Id say you night be able to defer it till next year.

Can I ask what you failed your first PCT on? - I’ve mine this week and I’m very nervous. Any advice that you used second time around?

Thanks in advance!

Also from 2018 campaign and my vetting is still outstanding . I think about 95% of people who haven’t been offered a place in the November intake from 2018 application are just waiting on vetting to be cleared .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SHIELDSRED

Got my offer this morning! Accepted & delighted, see you all for induction!

Any whatsApp groups or anything for those of us lucky enough to have got an offer?

Did u get any groups?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 deniseecath

Can I ask what you failed your first PCT on? - I’ve mine this week and I’m very nervous. Any advice that you used second time around?

I should start by saying I'm a 27yr old woman, so my qualifying standards might be different to yours.

I took part in the 2017 Campaign and failed on the Beep Test, so I downloaded the app onto my phone, chalked two lines onto the tarmac outside my house and just practiced two to three times a week. I also attended a Personal Training class three/four times a week that included strength training and worked on my sprinting at home on a treadmill.
    I worked my ass off for six months until the 2018 campaign opened, and kept the training going the entire time.

For my first PCT of the 2018 Campaign I flew through the Beep Test, and the push-ups and sit-ups. The obstacle course was passed in 2mins and 35 seconds, but it was the push-pull machine that caught me. I'm only 5'3" and 60kg, so it was challenging for me. I only got an average of 22kg and I needed 22.5kg. So I trained some more for the 12 weeks until I got my retest. I flew through my retest, getting an average of 27kg.

Just bear in mind with the push-pull that it's not all about upper-body strength. Approach it as you would pushing a car; lock your arms and generate the power from your thighs. HANG out of the machine and use your entire body to pull it back to you. Go hell for leather for those 20 seconds.
    You'll have a chance to play around with the machine and test it first; use that and fool around with it as much as you can to get a feeling for it.

Have a breakfast. Approach with a positive frame of mind. And don't freak out. You'll have a chance at a re-test if the worst happens, so use it as a learning experience too. And from someone who's on her second campaign - it's never the end of the world.
    Best of luck!!! :)

Advertisement