Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

Lad's what app is everyone using to prepare for the PCT? I know its the Loughborough App but in the playstore it doesn't come up as that and was wondering what yer using?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cornflakes132

SquireD wrote: »
    If you pass the interview, they email it to you.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanD123

Any idea how long the PCT can take?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

You will finish up around half 3 latest all depends which group you are in, a lot of waiting around for the obstacle in the afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cornflakes132

Hi all

I have a quick question about the medical is it that you get a letter from your own doctor and bring it to their doctor or dose there doctor simply conduct all of the tests, is there a medical background or do they simply ask you if there’s anything wrong with you or if there is anything they need to know?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

hi all, how soon after when you send back your GP clearance form do you receive the email for your PCT? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ulrika15

AF96DUB wrote: »
    hi all, how soon after when you send back your GP clearance form do you receive the email for your PCT? Thanks

I sent mine back Monday week ago and still haven’t heard anything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Goldk12

Ulrika15 wrote: »
    I sent mine back Monday week ago and still haven’t heard anything back.

When I done mine it took a little over two weeks to get a date.

Hi all

I have a quick question about the medical is it that you get a letter from your own doctor and bring it to their doctor or dose there doctor simply conduct all of the tests, is there a medical background or do they simply ask you if there’s anything wrong with you or if there is anything they need to know?

Cheers

Both, you will get a GP clearance form to be filled in by your local GP stating that you are fit to carry out AGS pre entry tests. You will then be invited to Garda HQ in Phoenix Park where their own doctors will conduct a number of tests e.g. eyes, hearing, BMI etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ulrika15

Goldk12 wrote: »
    When I done mine it took a little over two weeks to get a date.
    Oh right that’s perfect hopefully not much longer to wait so.

• Advertisement

Ulrika15 wrote: »
    Oh right that’s perfect hopefully not much longer to wait so.

Hopefully not, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

Do I need to include my girlfriend on my form B if we dont live together?

No!

LB1197 wrote: »
    Do I need to include my girlfriend on my form B if we dont live together?

Yes, you do. And then all her Brother's/Sister's, Parents, Aunt's and Uncle's details as well.

Yes, you do. And then all her Brother's/Sister's, Parents, Aunt's and Uncle's details as well.

I don't think you do, I didn't and I never got asked about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

You don't need any of that.

Goldk12 wrote: »
    I don't think you do, I didn't and I never got asked about it.

I'm just going by what was asked on the form. If it caused a delay to your application, it would just have been handy to get it out of the way now instead of saying nothing and then it being found out and pushing you further down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

Hi all, so I've got a question re: order of merit. I'm wondering how the OOM works... Am I marked against those that scored highest from Phase 1 and 2 or just against those that were called for interview at the same time as me? I'm trying to figure out if I have a chance of getting in the first intake from the 2019 campaign. The Stage 1 was a big disappointment but I think I have made up ground in the 2nd and 3rd stages by doing prep courses. I cant find clarification anywhere!

Hi all, so I've got a question re: order of merit. I'm wondering how the OOM works... Am I marked against those that scored highest from Phase 1 and 2 or just against those that were called for interview at the same time as me? I'm trying to figure out if I have a chance of getting in the first intake from the 2019 campaign. The Stage 1 was a big disappointment but I think I have made up ground in the 2nd and 3rd stages by doing prep courses. I cant find clarification anywhere!

I would imagine that its just against those from the Interview stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mcr1111

Hi, just wondering when you send in form B should I have got a confirmation email to say it was received? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 DBOOK123

Mcr1111 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering when you send in form B should I have got a confirmation email to say it was received? Thanks

they will only come back to you if they require more information

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Hi, has anyone heard of Sergeants/Supers etc doing a home visit for your meetings with them rather than going to the station for it? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

When is the next intake for the garda im still undergoing vetting since September and thought id be in the November one

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Userdb

Jake5991 wrote: »
    When is the next intake for the garda im still undergoing vetting since September and thought id be in the November one

Have u been abroad or have family abroad. Think feb/March next intake

• Registered Users Posts: 39 EH95

Lad's what app is everyone using to prepare for the PCT? I know its the Loughborough App but in the playstore it doesn't come up as that and was wondering what yer using?

PM me when you see this I have a what’s app audio of the test they use on the day ðŸ‘ðŸ»

EH95 wrote: »
    PM me when you see this I have a what’s app audio of the test they use on the day ðŸ‘ðŸ»

PM'd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Hi guys.
    Just sent back my form B after making the amendments. How long after have that did people get the GP clearance or does it vary?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 EH95

Hi, can anyone they had Medical complete let me know what I need to bring on the day? And how strict are they on the BMI?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cocopops555

EH95 wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone they had Medical complete let me know what I need to bring on the day? And how strict are they on the BMI?

Hey as far as I can remember you dont have to bring anything, (I had mine in June) unless you have a pre existing condition, which you would have to bring a letter. For example I had surgery on my back and I had to bring a letter from my surgeon outlining what I had done. Not sure about the BMI part as I was under but I have seen people on here that have failed because of it.
    The very best of luck!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

Userdb wrote: »
    Have u been abroad or have family abroad. Think feb/March next intake

No no family abroad all have lived in Ireland all their lives.

Advertisement