Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

Yeah my vetting took about 4 months maybe less ,and i have a lot of family living abroad .

Oh that sounds promising!!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Any dates pencilled in for physicals in for january anyone please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

I have read and reread the email about the open day - nowhere does it say I need to confirm my Attendance on the 5th of Jan. Am I right to just show up on the day so?

Anyone else going on the 5th, ill see then

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

Think I’m gonna head down on the 5th myself think we just show and get signed in

Uweir32 wrote: »
    Think I’m gonna head down on the 5th myself think we just show and get signed in

If ye are going for the open day turn up in your gym gear. You are not signed in you just turn up. It is not registered whether you attended or not.

• Advertisement

Aye noticed that it said wear sports gear which i thought was strange as I read on here they don’t let you do any of it just walk around?

Have you already attended yours? - I wasn’t planning too but the more I thought of it the more I think would help. Long aul drive from Belfast though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 pubsize

When will the 2019 intakes be? Jan/April/July/Oct??

Aye noticed that it said wear sports gear which i thought was strange as I read on here they don’t let you do any of it just walk around?

Have you already attended yours? - I wasn’t planning too but the more I thought of it the more I think would help. Long aul drive from Belfast though

Ye I went and everyone had their gear on. You get to run the shuttle/beep test for a few levels and they give you tips on turns and show you exactly how they wont the sit ups and push ups and you get to walk through the obstacle course. I would definitely recommend going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Ye I went and everyone had their gear on. You get to run the shuttle/beep test for a few levels and they give you tips on turns and show you exactly how they wont the sit ups and push ups and you get to walk through the obstacle course. I would definitely recommend going.

But all this can be seen on the fitness you tube video, so if you can't go definitely don't worry about it. It was no benefit to me at all.

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    But all this can be seen on the fitness you tube video, so if you can't go definitely don't worry about it. It was no benefit to me at all.

It can be seen on a video true. I found that it put my mind at ease actually being there know where and what order I will be doing things on the day. Plus I met a few people up there and we have a Whatsapp group going to keep in touch with any updates etc. It's good to connect with possible future classmates too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

It can be seen on a video true. I found that it put my mind at ease actually being there know where and what order I will be doing things on the day. Plus I met a few people up there and we have a Whatsapp group going to keep in touch with any updates etc. It's good to connect with possible future classmates too.

Yeah the WhatsApp thing seems great, I'd love to be part of something like that.. !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭arainagusime

I was there as well so may have seen you! Can I PM you my number for the whatsapp group?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mezzac95

I was there as well so may have seen you! Can I PM you my number for the whatsapp group?

I was there too! Could I be added to the group aswell it’d be useful to know any updates😊

I will start one for those of us who went to the open day, seems less random then :) Exceptions can be made if you dont have a history of trolling on boards.ie lol

PM me your numbers and let the banter commence

mezzac95 wrote: »
    I was there too! Could I be added to the group aswell it’d be useful to know any updates😊

Done :)

I hear as the training advances the whatsapp groups become less of a resource and more of a hostage audience to send memes and police related cat pictures too.

So in the spirit of that I will contribute the following -

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Paddyjken

Just got a call from local Sargent. Have to meet him tomorrow evening! Anybody have a meeting yet? What do they ask you? Is it casual enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

They go through your Form B with you and talk to you about what your references have said etc. if anything has come up in their initial Pulse search of you then you'll be asked about it.

Wear a shirt and tie if you're a lad. They may ask about why you want to join etc. so have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

What strider said is spot on but there's no need for a shirt and tie. It's very casual. Jeans/chinos and a decent jumper will do. At my meeting the sergeant just went through the form b and no more. Ended up having a half hour chat after but could've been out in 5 mins.

What strider said is spot on but there's no need for a shirt and tie. It's very casual. Jeans/chinos and a decent jumper will do. At my meeting the sergeant just went through the form b and no more. Ended up having a half hour chat after but could've been out in 5 mins.

Ya I went in dark jeans and a smart top. It is casual they just want to get to know you and see if you are suitable personality and have your head screwed on to be a garda. My sgt. just asked me to tell her about myself and I quickly/briefly went through my jobs over the years and my hobbies interests. She did ask me what I would most fear about the job and how do i think i would handle the shift work.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

Paddyjken wrote: »
    Just got a call from local Sargent. Have to meet him tomorrow evening! Anybody have a meeting yet? What do they ask you? Is it casual enough?

What is your OOM if you don’t mind me asking?

• Advertisement

OscarKilo wrote: »
    What is your OOM if you don’t mind me asking?

Would also like to know !

I’m OOM 188 - but haven’t heard anything from local office, with me living in Belfast will I not?
    Also has anyone been successful in getting their interview feedback as I emailed about 4 weeks ago and have heard nothing back

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

I’m OOM 188 - but haven’t heard anything from local office, with me living in Belfast will I not?
    Also has anyone been successful in getting their interview feedback as I emailed about 4 weeks ago and have heard nothing back

I’m in the high 200s

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Paddyjken

So met with local SGT Friday, Very casual as was said before. He didn't really ask to much about the job. Had a good chat with him about my references and about my past jobs/current job. It turned out he knew my Garda reference so we were talking about him a bit. I felt he was checking how well i actually knew my Reference. It was really relaxed and comfortable.
    My OOM was 59.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

Seen that there are dates for the open day at the beginning and the end of January.
    Anyone at invited at the end of January mind answering in and around what OOM they are. Just to get an idea of where there at.
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

I notice people on this or other threads have said they have failed an element of the PCT and have been invited to return and repeat it.
    Is this true?
    I passed mine first time round but as a year had passed I will have to repeat it again and just wondering if I have a safety net so to speak as I believe the turn around from the invite to when you do it is of short notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Polly26

userunkown wrote: »
    Seen that there are dates for the open day at the beginning and the end of January.
    Anyone at invited at the end of January mind answering in and around what OOM they are. Just to get an idea of where there at.
    Thanks in advance.
    Invited to open day on 5th Jan, and I’m mid 100’s

26th of Jan for me , 400s

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

In that myself. Hopefully won't be long after. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Is there a difference between batch 1 & 2? I know batch one will be obviously called sooner than batch 2 but I mean more so in relation to OOM.. so I’m from batch 2 and after my interview I have an OOM of low 400’s but in batch 1 are there OOMs in 400’s aswell or are batch 1 from OOM 1 upwards as far as when the batch 2 OOMs begin? Sorry if that makes no sense haha hopefully someone can understand what I mean and might know the answer :D

Advertisement