Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

How do we get the GP form signed, do we email it to our GP or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vital Work

Gadaves wrote: »
    How do we get the GP form signed, do we email it to our GP or what?

I think we have to make an appointment and bring it to the GP to get it signed.

Vital Work wrote: »
    I think we have to make an appointment and bring it to the GP to get it signed.

I'll have to travel to see my GP and I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that before the 11th!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

I sprained my ankle two weeks ago and still can’t fully train on it. What happens if my GP won’t pass me because of this?

Uweir32 wrote: »
    I sprained my ankle two weeks ago and still can’t fully train on it. What happens if my GP won’t pass me because of this?

I think your GP will just sign off on the fact that you have no serious conditions in your medical history, I don't think you will need a checkup, might be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mrletsdothis

Hey,

Does anyone have a download link for the Loughborough 20 Meter Shuttle Run – Fitness Assessment?

Been just doing normal jogging the last while want to start focusing on this now. I found a few bleep test apps just want to make sure I get the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

So has anybody here, for clarification as to the fitness test is being next up, and medical is last?

OscarKilo

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

OscarKilo wrote: »
    So has anybody here, for clarification as to the fitness test is being next up, and medical is last?

OscarKilo

Yes fitness test then medical that’s why you need the GP cert to clear u for fitness test

Yes fitness test then medical that’s why you need the GP cert to clear u for fitness test

Do we need to visit or GP or do they just sign off based on our history?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭farrelly90

Hi guys, I had to send through a few details on my grandparents after my interview as I didn’t have it on my form B, I sent the details through but haven’t received any confirmation that they received them, do you think it will be ok or has anyone an email or contact number for someone that I could contact.

• Advertisement

farrelly90 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I had to send through a few details on my grandparents after my interview as I didn’t have it on my form B, I sent the details through but haven’t received any confirmation that they received them, do you think it will be ok or has anyone an email or contact number for someone that I could contact.

I was the same with one or 2 things, you won’t get a clarification email, I just rang to see if all was what they wanted, so give them a buzz to put your mind at ease

OscarKilo wrote: »
    I was the same with one or 2 things, you won’t get a clarification email, I just rang to see if all was what they wanted, so give them a buzz to put your mind at ease

Lovely. What number did you ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mikeh19

Hi all, just wondering if the open day next Saturday is for the full day, or just a few hours in the morning? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭5i6blrtngojxwf

Anyone heading to Templemore on Saturday from Waterford want a lift? Might be easier to carpool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Blue.123

It says in the email that we have to send back the gp letter through email and not post it back? Do they just want us to scan it and send it back?

Blue.123 wrote: »
    It says in the email that we have to send back the gp letter through email and not post it back? Do they just want us to scan it and send it back?

I'd like to know this aswell, if I have to see my GP in person before the 11th then it'll be tricky

Anyone heading to Templemore on Saturday from Waterford want a lift? Might be easier to carpool :)

Is the open day invite only?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cocopops555

Hi everyone, I received the letter to be signed by my GP last week for the Physical. However, the week after my interview (before I knew I passed) i had to go for a procedure on my back. As a result of this, I am unable to excercise for a number of months. I have spoken to a guard and he suggested ringing HR & explaining my situation. He said they will jus reschedule my Physical.

Just wondering if there is anyone in a similar situation or anyone that was in this position and how they went about it? Just said I would post it up to see.

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭5i6blrtngojxwf

Is the open day invite only?

Fraid so! Invite and ID on arrival :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

Those going to the open day, when did you interview? Just trying to gauge stage waiting times

• Advertisement

Lovely. What number did you ring?

Sorry only seeing your reply now, here’s the number I rang (01) 666 2571

Hi everyone, I received the letter to be signed by my GP last week for the Physical. However, the week after my interview (before I knew I passed) i had to go for a procedure on my back. As a result of this, I am unable to excercise for a number of months. I have spoken to a guard and he suggested ringing HR & explaining my situation. He said they will jus reschedule my Physical.

Just wondering if there is anyone in a similar situation or anyone that was in this position and how they went about it? Just said I would post it up to see.

Thanks in advance.

I can’t hekp here I’m afraid but I’m just wondering when did you do the interview? And what OOM were you? Just trying to gauge when my physical will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cocopops555

I can’t hekp here I’m afraid but I’m just wondering when did you do the interview? And what OOM were you? Just trying to gauge when my physical will be.

Hey, that’s no problem at all! I did my interview on the 28th of November, I found out I passed on the 10th it of December & my OOM is 432. Hope this helps!

Hey, that’s no problem at all! I did my interview on the 28th of November, I found out I passed on the 10th it of December & my OOM is 432. Hope this helps!

I'm the same dates as you but I'm 412, I haven't heard anything since the pass email 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Jecz wrote: »
    I'm the same dates as you but I'm 412, I haven't heard anything since the pass email 🀔

Yeah I’m the same.. OOM in the 420s!

User2206 wrote: »
    Yeah I’m the same.. OOM in the 420s!

Just double checked, I'm 426 but still below others that have been contacted. Hope there isn't a hold up in my paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Jecz wrote: »
    Just double checked, I'm 426 but still below others that have been contacted. Hope there isn't a hold up in my paperwork.

I’m thinking the same, I had to forward on passport photos and re enter eircodes onto my form b after my interview date so now im wondering did they actually receive it! May give them a ring tomorrow to double check!

I’m thinking the same, I had to forward on passport photos and re enter eircodes onto my form b after my interview date so now im wondering did they actually receive it! May give them a ring tomorrow to double check!

I was the same. Sent through eircodes and didn’t hear back from them, I sent another email to see if they received them and they got back to say they did. Maybe just ring them for piece of mind.

I had to send some extra postcodes for family in the UK, I emailed them at appointments@garda.ie for confirmation and they just replied we recievd the amendments thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Eimear180

Hi I’m from Belfast and went to Dundalk to meet with the Sergeant almost a fortnight ago. He said I would be asked back down there to see the super after the holidays

Hi - thanks for your reply. I haven’t heard anything yet so will just wait to see. Down on Saturday for open day so maybe I’ll hear after that. Cheers!

Advertisement