If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55" TV + AVR +2.0/2.1

Options
  • 09-11-2018 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi,

Returning customer looking to kit out my living room and hoping you can steer me in the right direction.   Looking to start off with a future proofed 2.0/2.1 setup (subject to budget) and build up over time to 7.1.  I already have the Monitor Audio MASS 5.1 in another room so inclined to stick with MA.

The wish-list is as follows:
    55” TV – Smart/4k/no brand preferences. (€700-1000 range)
    AVR – ATMOS, 4k capable, something like the Sony 1080/Denon 2500 would be great, if at the top of my budget
    Fronts – Monitor Audio Bronze 2s
    Sub –may not be in budget now but open to suggestions/could wait till I have the funds it it’s worth it
    Centre & rears – not in budget for now but leaning towards the MA Bronze FX at some point in the future
    Budget all in is €1300-1600.  Will be used for TV/movies/music not for gaming.

Very open to ideas and suggestions about how to build up the system and what’s worth spending on now vs postponing.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

2Tractors wrote: »
    Hi,

Returning customer looking to kit out my living room and hoping you can steer me in the right direction.   Looking to start off with a future proofed 2.0/2.1 setup (subject to budget) and build up over time to 7.1.  I already have the Monitor Audio MASS 5.1 in another room so inclined to stick with MA.

The wish-list is as follows:
    55” TV – Smart/4k/no brand preferences. (€700-1000 range)
    AVR – ATMOS, 4k capable, something like the Sony 1080/Denon 2500 would be great, if at the top of my budget
    Fronts – Monitor Audio Bronze 2s
    Sub –may not be in budget now but open to suggestions/could wait till I have the funds it it’s worth it
    Centre & rears – not in budget for now but leaning towards the MA Bronze FX at some point in the future
    Budget all in is €1300-1600.  Will be used for TV/movies/music not for gaming.

Very open to ideas and suggestions about how to build up the system and what’s worth spending on now vs postponing.

Thanks

Hi 2Tractors.

Thanks for coming back to us again.

Lets go with some pricing for you.

Denon AVRX2500 - Retails at £499.00 - I could offer one of these for £440.00 or 518 Euro
    Sony STRDN1080 retailing at £429 - I could squeeze to £405 or 477 Euro on this.

Bronze 2 - Retail at £279.00 - I could offer at £220.00 or 259 Euro
    Bronze Centre - Retails at £159 - I could go £115.00 or 135 Euro
    Bronze FX rears - Retail at £279.00 - I could offer at £225.00 or 265 Euro

You could add in the MRW10 sub - retailing at £249.00 - I could drop to £210.00 or 248 Euro

For a television you should have a look at the LG 55SK8100 priced at £699 or 819 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203297-lg-55sk8100pla-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Or perhaps the Philips 55PUS6703 Ambilight priced at £549 or 669 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203603-philips-55pus6703-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-ambilight-freeview-play.aspx

Sony have their 55XF8505 retailing at £899 or 999 Euro (Android operating system)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203190-sony-kd55xf8505-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Samsung UE55NU7400 retailing at £649 or 783 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203333-samsung-ue55nu7400-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-led-tv.aspx?swapstore=1

I would leave the rears and sub if they fall outside of budget and run 3.0 until you add the extra bits.

Euro is not a direct conversion of the sterling and you can choose to pay in which ever currency works out cheapest for yourself.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 2Tractors

Thanks Kenny - plenty to think about.

Hadn't thought too much about the centre.  If the tv had to be table mounted rather than on a bracket are there a) any tv's tall enough to sit behind the centre or b) could you sit a 55" tv on top of a centre speaker?

If that open box sony strdn1080 is still there I'd like to take it off your hands.

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

2Tractors wrote: »
    Thanks Kenny - plenty to think about.

Hadn't thought too much about the centre.  If the tv had to be table mounted rather than on a bracket are there a) any tv's tall enough to sit behind the centre or b) could you sit a 55" tv on top of a centre speaker?

If that open box sony strdn1080 is still there I'd like to take it off your hands.

Thanks
    Hi 2Tractors

We wouldn't have a centre speaker that would be big enough to fit a TV on unfortunately. They are usually taller than the TV stand so it would obscure the bottom of the screen if placed in front.

Do you have any shelving under the table you could add the centre speaker to?

Unfortunately the STRDN1080 has been sold! We only have new ones left at the moment at £429.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.