Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather 09/11/18

Options
  • 09-11-2018 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭

Anyone out in it in Dublin yet? Was fine this morning coming to work but it's fairly wild looking out the office window!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

20 minutes and I'll find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Saw some poor sod at Stillorgan on a harley earlier..he had fcuk all gear on him and an o/f helmet...felt sorry for the guy....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Gavin wrote: »
    20 minutes and I'll find out!

Let us know how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

It's wet out ! Never ridden on roads with so much surface water. Leaves have been washed out onto the road from the side of the road after cars splash through them, so it's pretty sketchy.

Traffic in town is very heavy, must have halved the life of my clutch there was so much slow manoeuvring through traffic. Lots of flooding, people were walking in the middle of the road through traffic around beggars bush due to the foothpaths being flooded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Tried out my new Richa gortex gloves ....fukcing soaked through when I got home, not the best 100+ quid I ever spent........was out for a number of hours in the heavy rain but ffs thought they be better than that :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Grand day for it.

465765.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Got in about 18:20, went through town instead of the M50 and it was actually grand. Wind had died down massively and the rain was alright but there was a load of flooding on the roads and traffic was madness

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Got in about 18:20, went through town instead of the M50 and it was actually grand. Wind had died down massively and the rain was alright but there was a load of flooding on the roads and traffic was madness

Fcukers lashing down the buslanes too...never saw a sign of a cop car today..too wet for their trotters I guess...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Tried out my new Richa gortex gloves ....fukcing soaked through when I got home, not the best 100+ quid I ever spent........was out for a number of hours in the heavy rain but ffs thought they be better than that :rolleyes:

Try Held Goretex gloves. Far superior to Richa.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

jaysis for 100 squids Id be asking for a refund if they dont do what it says on the tin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Muahahaha wrote: »
    jaysis for 100 squids Id be asking for a refund if they dont do what it says on the tin

Tbf I think it was a combination of taking them on and off with wet hands (tried drying my hands as much as possible) and a soaked cuff from my jacket ...was like standing under a shower for over an hour and they're a short cut glove, doubt much would withstand a soaking in that

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Cian_ok

Gavin wrote: »
    It's wet out ! Never ridden on roads with so much surface water.

Lots of flooding, people were walking in the middle of the road through traffic around beggars bush due to the foothpaths being flooded.

I had a ball at about 5.30-6.00. Huge puddles stopping the cars at Waterloo Road - but I zapped through the middle of the puddles. Luckily my boots are waterproof! Water 30cm ? deep - including waves!

Cian_ok wrote: »
    I had a ball at about 5.30-6.00. Huge puddles stopping the cars at Waterloo Road - but I zapped through the middle of the puddles. Luckily my boots are waterproof! Water 30cm ? deep - including waves!

You don't know what's in the water tho...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,072 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The new hour by hour forecast on Met Eireann is great. All day it was predicting the wind and rain would more or less be gone by 6pm and so it was. Was a bit of flooding at the Long Mile / Naas Rd junction due to a blocked drain.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The app Accuweather is also pretty good for predicting the start/end of rain. But yeah Met Eireanns new website is fairly decent too and they called the end of the yellow warning on Friday down to a tee.

Was out on the M50 during the heavy showers around 3pm today. Glad I was in a car because the amount of surface water and spray was something else. Saw a lad on a CBR Repsol edition and felt sorry for him getting drenched, he didnt seem too bothered though flying along at about 130kph through the puddles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Grand day for it today.465907.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Wore them the same day, so similar conditions, mine were bone dry, might be damaged or did you have the gauntlet outside your jacket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Saw some poor sod at Stillorgan on a harley earlier..he had fcuk all gear on him and an o/f helmet...felt sorry for the guy....

You probably never rode with a club, I get the impression you kept to yourself but you're around biking a very long time so you might know this lad.

The wettest day I ever rode was at the funeral of an ex DD pres LJ. I'll never forget that day, and never got a soaking like it.

I'll try find a video of it later but it rained like it was the end of the world, never seen anything like it.

Advertisement