Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation advice next weekend, 17 Nov

Options
  • 09-11-2018 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I had a city centre booking for 8 with AirBnB just cancelled for next weekend Fri-Sun) which was just under €500 when I booked a few months ago.

I've had a look at whats available across the usual sites (AirBnb, Booking, Trivago, etc.) but there seems to be a lack of options in the city centre without forking out somewhere in the region of €800 plus.

Is this typical for last minute Galway?

Any advice on where to stay outside of the city within a reasonable taxi's journey?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You could try Oranmore, maybe, taxi from Oranmore to CC is around €18 and there's a twice hourly bus service straight from the village to the CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Claregalway, Athenry and Oranmore would be doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Barna and moycullen on other side of city, both around 20 Euro taxi. Not sure of availability of air bnb in those areas but they are both pleasant areas of Galway.
    Next weekend (16th nov) has the Christmas lights being turned on Friday night which involves a big family event from 6pm onwards in the city centre so it will be a busy weekend. Hope you find somewhere suitable and have a great time!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If you're looking for apartments / hotels not hostels, then 50 / night each (which is what 800 amounts to) is not unreasonable for coming up to Christmas weekend in Galway.

I think you'll be pushing your luck to get anywhere that can accommodate 8 in the same place.

Advertisement