Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ride an Olympia road bike?

Options
  • 09-11-2018 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭

Not a whole lot on the web in terms of ownership or ride reviews, or weights/pricing. (I know lots of manufacturers are coy about weighing scales :))
    Just wondering if anyone here has any experience of them?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ask disco1 once he's had a chance to try it out: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057925782

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Ah, right. He's selling it again - whether that's a verdict or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭TheDocMan

fat bloke wrote: »
    Ah, right. He's selling it again - whether that's a verdict or not.

I've had one. Olympia Leader aero road bike. Probably fastest bike ive ever ridden- and I've ridden many many bikes. For exact same ave power (+/- 2 watts) over 2hr spin ,this bike v. Bianchi Specilissma (dura ace/ 40mm areo carbon wheels) was 0.9kph faster. Build quality seemed excellent, very solid under load, no discernable flex. Comfortable for aero bike but not sure how much the wheels added this( 3 cross spoke lacing). High quality bike that have decent pedigree. Only negative I'd say is weight- a little on the heavier side. Irish importer is down in Kerry- GC Sports. They do Scapin and Tommassini so quality boutique brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Cheers. Sounds good alright. I've never ridden a full aero rig. I'm stuck in the superleggera approach of the past

How real is the Eyetalian pedigree? Is it a recent revival?

Advertisement