Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deactivate old alarm

Options
  • 09-11-2018 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

I moved into a house recently with a very old alarm system. We're getting new windows next week and I'd like to disconnect the alarm. I'll get it replaced when I have the money.

Anyone know how to disconnect it? I have the alarm code.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭MissGriff

I have an old alarm and got new windows and doors installed in May. Hadn't a clue what to do about it.
    Turns out, the alarm itself doesn't have to be disconnected. I just turned it off and the window fitters just took all the connections/ sensors from windows and doors. They deal with this all the time.
    Then once the new windows are in you can re connect them.
    Contact your home insurance company also and let them know.
    Not very technical but hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Dopey

The photo didn't attach properly the last time. Here is the alarm panel. Can I remove the fuse underneath the panel?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Remove that fuse then open the panel and disconnect the battery.
    Can you post a pic of the bell outside before you do that & I'll tell you how long it might ring for.

Advertisement