If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55" TV recommendation

Options
  • 09-11-2018 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Hi there, 

Looking to buy a 55" TV to go with the new house!

I'm looking for a 55" TV, that can (ideally but not exclusively a deal breaker) have a Satellite Tuner (a TV that can get both Saorview and the UK terrerstrial channels here in ROI...I think Satellite Tuner is the right phrase!) and IPTV. 

Also would want to the TV to be 4k UHD HDR, etc. 

I had a quick look at HiSense and some Panasonic models you....just wondering what you guys would recommend. 

Been onto you before, where you recommended me to get a Ruark Mk1 over a SONOS....a great decision!

Like the Black Friday promise too, that if the set bought is dropped to a lower price, you'll refund the difference. 

Cheers!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

chases0102 wrote: »
    Hi there, 

Looking to buy a 55" TV to go with the new house!

I'm looking for a 55" TV, that can (ideally but not exclusively a deal breaker) have a Satellite Tuner (a TV that can get both Saorview and the UK terrerstrial channels here in ROI...I think Satellite Tuner is the right phrase!) and IPTV. 

Also would want to the TV to be 4k UHD HDR, etc. 

I had a quick look at HiSense and some Panasonic models you....just wondering what you guys would recommend. 

Been onto you before, where you recommended me to get a Ruark Mk1 over a SONOS....a great decision!

Like the Black Friday promise too, that if the set bought is dropped to a lower price, you'll refund the difference. 

Cheers!
    Hi Chases0102.

Thanks for coming back to us again :)

To get a sat and saorview tuner have a look over the LG 55SK8100 priced at £669 (Smart IPTV, SS IPTV and UNO IPTV App)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203297-lg-55sk8100pla-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

To get a Panasonic with a Satellite tuner you need to go up to their excellent 55FX750 priced at £1099.00 (No IPTV)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203400-panasonic-tx55fx750b-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Samsung also a have the following with a sat tuner.
    The 55NU7400 priced at £649.00 (Smart IPTV App)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203333-samsung-ue55nu7400-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-led-tv.aspx

Regarding the IPTV Apps I can not guarantee how long these will be supported by Manufacturers.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Hi Kenny, 

Thanks for the reply. 

Just wondering if HiSense 55" ULA can be delivered? Looks like a great TV. 

Between the LG8100 and the Samsung NU7400 which would you recommend?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

chases0102 wrote: »
    Hi Kenny, 

Thanks for the reply. 

Just wondering if HiSense 55" ULA can be delivered? Looks like a great TV. 

Between the LG8100 and the Samsung NU7400 which would you recommend?
    Hi Chases0102.

Unfortunately the 55U7A is listed as an in-store only collection and can not be shipped.

For me I prefer the LG SK8100 over the Samsung for picture quality.

Both the Samsung and LG are in stock and ready for shipping.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.