Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dept of Education-Cycle to work scheme question

Options
  • 10-11-2018 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting a bike through the cycle to work scheme. Was reading through the circular and it says
    " All salary deductions must be completed by the last payroll in October of the calendar year in which they commence. " Does that mean its finished until next January? I was hoping to get one in the next few weeks and then pay it off over 12 months. Anyone use this scheme in November /December?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭cletus

R11 wrote: »
    Thinking of getting a bike through the cycle to work scheme. Was reading through the circular and it says
    " All salary deductions must be completed by the last payroll in October of the calendar year in which they commence. " Does that mean its finished until next January? I was hoping to get one in the next few weeks and then pay it off over 12 months. Anyone use this scheme in November /December?

That's exactly what it means. The best time to start it is in January, that way payments are split of 11 months. If you got a bike in September, you'd make just two payments.

If you know the shop you're getting the bike from, they may be willing to let you have the bike now, and submit the paperwork in January

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭R11

Doubt they'd let me have the bike now.Although I might suggest that I get it in December,pay for it on my credit card. Then when they get cheque/payment in January,they give it to me....would that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭cletus

Doubt they'd let me have the bike now.Although I might suggest that I get it in December,pay for it on my credit card. Then when they get cheque/payment in January,they give it to me....would that work?

All you can do is ask

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Are you a peoplepoint or non peoplepoint employee? It will further and needlessly complicate things if you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭R11

Are you a peoplepoint or non peoplepoint employee? It will further and needlessly complicate things if you are.

No, I'm a teacher..... Who's peoplepoint?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

No, I'm a teacher..... Who's peoplepoint?

Shared HR for civil service. I'll say no more. :)

Advertisement