Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on gear needed please

Options
  • 10-11-2018 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Hi my son is 14 and started mma a while ago - he has wraps and gloves but is looking for some ‘gear’ for Christmas. What’s the best brand to buy? Where is best to get it and what would he need? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Sinus pain wrote: »
    Hi my son is 14 and started mma a while ago - he has wraps and gloves but is looking for some ‘gear’ for Christmas. What’s the best brand to buy? Where is best to get it and what would he need? Thanks!

Ideally he probably needs a few rashguards and a pair of shin pads, I would imagine as he is 14 it's only light contact so a mouth piece and head gear are not yet required. A Gi also if they train full bjj.

Where in the country are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭cletus

Talk to the coach, see what he recommends. He may have a deal going where a store or company s supplying him, could be cheaper than a bricks and mortar. Also, rash guards, shorts etc from the club may have club logos.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

Thanks - I’m in Dublin City Centre- would like to buy in a real place rather than online to support local shops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Sinus pain wrote: »
    Thanks - I’m in Dublin City Centre- would like to buy in a real place rather than online to support local shops

Try Fantom MMA on Moore Street. They have a shop as part of their gym. Also SBG on the Naas Rd have the Shoptagon just beside the main reception area that anyone can purchase from.

I agree with the above poster though. Try speak with the owner/head coach of wherever your son is practising MMA first and see if they have team branded gear.

Advertisement