Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laurel Hedge

Options
  • 10-11-2018 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

I usually cut my hedge back around Aug or September. For various reasons I didn't get to do it this year. Now it's starting to look very untidy and I'm just wondering if it's ok to cut it now or when should I not cut it? Thankd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭theminstrel

Should be fine to cut it still, don't go too hard on it

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

grouchyman wrote: »
    I usually cut my hedge back around Aug or September. For various reasons I didn't get to do it this year. Now it's starting to look very untidy and I'm just wondering if it's ok to cut it now or when should I not cut it? Thankd

I have a mature laurel hedge
    I would leave it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Just to add & I'm open to correction.... I believe the logic here is that when you cut a hedge like this all of the individual cuts ends don't have a chance to seal up and are then very susceptible to frost damage....

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭grouchyman

Thanks for the responses folks. I decided to leave it be for now and I'll cut it back in March or April next year.

Advertisement