Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Posting a battery

• 10-11-2018 5:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry to dig up an older thread, but wanted to check if addresspal is still the best option here.

I ordered a replacement battery for my laptop from ebay (UK seller) to be sent directly to my home address (didn't use parcel motel etc) and it was sent back to the seller mid journey as undeliverable.

Seems ridiculous to me that I can order a whole laptop or phone with no issues (at least there wasn't any last year), but a battery for the thing is a problem.

What's my best option nowadays - without having to pay stupid prices locally.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Post split out and moved to a new thread in the Couriers forum

dudara

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

This has been moved to the couriers forum which has a charter of its own, and specifically addresses prohibited articles on An Post services

AddressPal isn’t an option. Use the like of ParcelWizard or Parcel Motel, as they truck it over to NI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭discodaveirl

whiterebel wrote: »
    This has been moved to the couriers forum which has a charter of its own, and specifically addresses prohibited articles on An Post services

AddressPal isn’t an option. Use the like of ParcelWizard or Parcel Motel, as they truck it over to NI.

Everything is trucked into Ireland... Very little if any comes in by air...

OP. Tell sender to repackage again, plenty bubble wrap etc. Into a shoe box and then bring it to UK Post Office and send via Parcel Force they should have a suitable sealable bag or pouch. Address it up Include eircode and Mobile number, delivery instructions, i.e ‘can be left in porch, shed etc. if im out’ and get them to send you the tracking number. GLS should have it to you in 48 hours.. <SNIP>

Mod: If that is what you think is good advice, don’t post in this forum again. Read the charter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

whiterebel wrote: »

lithium batteries are on PW prohibited list. I am surprised to see they are not on PMs list.

No doubt people will come along to say they got lithium batteries via PW, I am just saying it is officially prohibited.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

rubadub wrote: »
    lithium batteries are on PW prohibited list. I am surprised to see they are not on PMs list.

No doubt people will come along to say they got lithium batteries via PW, I am just saying it is officially prohibited.

Thanks for that. Strange, as they truck everything over, and I don't think there is a problem with ferries. Anyway, if its on the Prohibited list no more recommending Parcel Wizard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭AuldDaysul

https://www.laptopbatteries.ie

Or

https://www.laptopbatteryshop.ie

I bought from one of these can't remember which, had it next day though..

Advertisement