If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv Size

Options
  • 10-11-2018 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Im looking at upgrading from 32" Panasonic I got from you before. 4K HDR for the PS Pro.
    Unfortunately biggest physical size I can fit into the space we have is 560mm height.
    Looking at a few options and only option seems to be the Samsung UE40NU7120. Which annoys me since there are 43" Samsung and LG options for less money but they are too big. Would like to have gone LG.
    From the Samsung's specs I just want to confirm something. It says size without stand is 531,5mm height which is perfect. But it says stand is fixed which would put me over the height I can fit. Can you confirm if stand is removable please?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Jacovs wrote: »
    Hey guys

Im looking at upgrading from 32" Panasonic I got from you before. 4K HDR for the PS Pro.
    Unfortunately biggest physical size I can fit into the space we have is 560mm height.
    Looking at a few options and only option seems to be the Samsung UE40NU7120. Which annoys me since there are 43" Samsung and LG options for less money but they are too big. Would like to have gone LG.
    From the Samsung's specs I just want to confirm something. It says size without stand is 531,5mm height which is perfect. But it says stand is fixed which would put me over the height I can fit. Can you confirm if stand is removable please?
    Hi Jacovs,

The stand is indeed removable however I would not recommend setting the TV up without a stand unless you are wall mounting it. The TV would notbe stable without a stand and can slip if not properly secured.

The LGs are fantastic TVs but unfortunately don't come in a 40" screen size.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Hi Jacovs,

The stand is indeed removable however I would not recommend setting the TV up without a stand unless you are wall mounting it. The TV would notbe stable without a stand and can slip if not properly secured.

Kind regards

David

Cheers David. I would definitely be wall mounting.

Could you tell me what features the 40" Samsung has that makes it £20 more than the 43" Samsung and LG?

Does the £ price include delivery or is it the € price that includes delivery?

Thanks again.

Hi Jacovs,

Kind regards

David

Cheers David. I would definitely be wall mounting.

Could you tell me what features the 40" Samsung has that makes it £20 more than the 43" Samsung and LG?

Does the £ price include delivery or is it the € price that includes delivery?

Thanks again.
    Hi Jacovs,

There isn't a massive amount of difference in terms of specs as the panels on the Samsung s will both do HDR10+ and have an identical refresh rate however the 40" has a better design with a slimmer and better quality frame.

The sterling delivery cost is £6.99 and delivery is included in the Euro price.

Kind regards

David

Hi Jacovs,

There isn't a massive amount of difference in terms of specs as the panels on the Samsung s will both do HDR10+ and have an identical refresh rate however the 40" has a better design with a slimmer and better quality frame.

Kind regards

David

Thanks David. Will you be doing black friday deals or will I just go ahead and order in the next few days to make sure you dont run out of stock on these?

Hi Jacovs,

Kind regards

David

Thanks David. Will you be doing black friday deals or will I just go ahead and order in the next few days to make sure you dont run out of stock on these?
    Hi Jacovs,

We are indeed doing Black Friday deals however we have a price promise at the moment so if you were to order online now and the price dropped on Black Friday, simply let us know and we will refund the difference.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hello again

Think I might have solved the space issue and can now go as big as budget/wife will allow.
    Was thinking either of the 49" LG's you have.
    Whats the difference between 49UK6300PLB and 49UK6400PLF since they are the same price?

Was also considering a currys offer of LG 50UK6470PLC for €423 delivered, but your 6 year warrantee and superior customer service is worth the extra €25.

Thanks, hoping to pull trigger tomorrow, so if either of these drop in price I will be delighted.

Edit to add, the prices seem to go up when adding them to your compare feature.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hello again

Think I might have solved the space issue and can now go as big as budget/wife will allow.
    Was thinking either of the 49" LG's you have.
    Whats the difference between 49UK6300PLB and 49UK6400PLF since they are the same price?

Was also considering a currys offer of LG 50UK6470PLC for €423 delivered, but your 6 year warrantee and superior customer service is worth the extra €25.

Thanks, hoping to pull trigger tomorrow, so if either of these drop in price I will be delighted.

Edit to add, the prices seem to go up when adding them to your compare feature.
    Hi Jacovs,

The 49uk6400 is priced at 449 euro and is a great set! here are no real differences between the panel but the 6400 has a nicer frame and a central stand as opposed to two feet on the ends of the 6300.

Kind regards

David

Hi Jacovs,

The 49uk6400 is priced at 449 euro and is a great set! here are no real differences between the panel but the 6400 has a nicer frame and a central stand as opposed to two feet on the ends of the 6300.

Kind regards

David

Thanks for the reply at this hour.

Will see what passes, 6400 being brown with central stand or 6300 being I think black with the 2 feet.
    Will be wall mounted so the stand isnt an issue at the moment anyways.

Do I jusr drop an email to your sales email tomorrow once im decided?

Probably buy in the £ price as it works out cheaper even with delivery added.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Jacovs,

Kind regards

David

Thanks for the reply at this hour.

Will see what passes, 6400 being brown with central stand or 6300 being I think black with the 2 feet.
    Will be wall mounted so the stand isnt an issue at the moment anyways.

Do I jusr drop an email to your sales email tomorrow once im decided?

Probably buy in the £ price as it works out cheaper even with delivery added.
    You can either drop us a mail with your contact details of of course you can grab it on line and shop securely 

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

You can either drop us a mail with your contact details of of course you can grab it on line and shop securely 

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Just ordered the 6400 there. Thanks for the help and advice.

• Advertisement

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Just ordered the 6400 there. Thanks for the help and advice.
    Cheers for the order :D

We will have this shipped ASAP.

So you did. Aramex already been in contact to say delivery is next working day 0900-1700. Cant ask for better than that.

So you did. Aramex already been in contact to say delivery is next working day 0900-1700. Cant ask for better than that.
    Thanks again for your order Jacovs :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.