Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland vs Argentina 10/11/18 - This time it's not personal [1830, RTE2 & C4]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

We need a try to get back into it. The kick from the Argentine was great though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭accensi0n

I keep seeing quinlin instead of stander

Ref has been really solid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Ireland looking very flat so far

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Haven't we won all our balls so far?

Lost the last one...and the previous one we spilled when Hendo and Ryan were playing pass the parcel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,353 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

We're our own worst enemy tonight. Failing to win banker ball off restarts and lineouts.Schmidt will be furious.
    Shefwedfan wrote: »

No
    Haven't we lost 2 on our own throw?

Nothing in that, was committed and tried to pull out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

we lost 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

D'oul tank doesn't look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭crisco10

Clegg wrote: »
    We're our own worst enemy tonight. Failing to win banker ball off restarts and lineouts.Schmidt will be furious.
    Haven't we lost 2 on our own throw?

And the one under the east stand just outside the argie 22. So that's 2 losses and a fumble.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭fitz

Nothing in that, was committed and tried to pull out.

And there was a similar hit on an Irish player a phase or two beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

SOB gone......awful for the guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

SOB gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Ah Sean, FFS, poor guys got the worst luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

F**k it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭almostover

vienne86 wrote: »
    SOB gone......awful for the guy.

Very tough for him, hopefully nothing serious

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

At what point does he stop playing. Guy seems an injury magnet and you'd wonder what impact it will have later in life

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭fitz

SOB has the worst luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Doug Stamper

Ryle Nugent with Jamie Heaslip as Co-commentator doing a great job on C4... good insights from Jamie.

Poor SO’B... like Jerry Flannery all over again

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

almostover wrote: »
    Very tough for him, hopefully nothing serious

Looks like a broken radius

Balls. No luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,452 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Glad to see Leavy on but.

fitz wrote: »
    And there was a similar hit on an Irish player a phase or two beforehand.

Lavanini absolutely murdered Marmion before Aki's try - no less late than Aki's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,842 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Why did Marion not go through another phase?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Absolutely awful luck. Looks like a fractured arm too. But at least it comes in an area we have great depth in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

At what point does he stop playing. Guy seems an injury magnet and you'd wonder what impact it will have later in life

Depends on the types of injury surely?

As long as the injuries aren’t related he should be ok.

Must be very demoralizing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Well I hope Joe has a few well chosen words for them at half time. That wasn't good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

That's bad for SOB. A broken radius is not good news to hear at all.

At least we are one point ahead of the Argies at HT. That is some good news; but the signs are there that the lads did not perform well so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭almostover

Lavanini absolutely murdered Marmion before Aki's try - no less late than Aki's.

Lavanini has a big track record for cowardly hits on half backs.....watch this space.

No coincidence it was Lavanini that SOB was tackling, watch how he drops the head. Prob some paranoia on my behalf but I don't like the way the guys plays rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Addison's defence is questionable. James Ryan needs glue gloves this evening. Larmour should be told that he's vallowed to pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

Lavanini has a big track record for cowardly hits on half backs.....watch this space.

No coincidence it was Lavanini that SOB was tackling, watch how he drops the head. Prob some paranoia on my behalf but I don't like the way the guys plays rugby

thats bollox legit tackle , same as some other so called informed posters views of him before the match

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Addison's defence is questionable. James Ryan needs glue gloves this evening. Larmour should be told that he's vallowed to pass.

Think it’s Henderson who’s spilled it a bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I’d imagine Joe might have a few choices words at halftime, it’s like a good few players aren’t fully switched on out there. Very high error count, though in fairness Argentina’s line speed is contributing to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Nothing to do with Lavanini.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭joseywhales

So frustrating and then end it with an injury. There is nothing you can do to avoid that injury except tackle less or be softer in the tackle. He still has time at least this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,842 ✭✭✭✭bilston

clsmooth wrote: »
    Think it’s Henderson who’s spilled it a bit more

Hmmm...Ryan has spilled two lineouts I can think of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭The Dagestani Eagle

anyone else watching on streanunter?
    They left the feed on. ITs the irish commentary. Oh my god. They selectively said to cut out all irish mistakes and just show the good irish play. Your man Darragh O Brien twisting the narrative. I couldn't believe it

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

A lot of players with form players behind them need to justify their selection. Henderson, best for example. Conway maybe instead of larmour. Arnold instead of Addison.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

bilston wrote: »

Yeah - Henderson passed down to Ryan and it went straight through his arms for the one we lost in their 22 - he also fluffed the second one we lost. Heaslip said he should have done better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Some Yoke wrote: »
    A lot of players with form players behind them need to justify their selection. Henderson, best for example. Conway maybe instead of larmour. Arnold instead of Addison.
    Toner or Beirne instead of Ryan based on today’s match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭The Dagestani Eagle

O Brien break his arm off a lads head?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭clsmooth

bilston wrote: »

Henderson has missed two retakes and thought his transfer to Ryan after taking the lineout was the issue. Need to see it again. Maybe it was Ryan’s mistake. Ryan did miss a handy enough lineout though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Ryle Nugent with Jamie Heaslip as Co-commentator doing a great job on C4... good insights from Jamie.

Poor SO’B... like Jerry Flannery all over again

Came on to post that - had RTE on and that commentator's voice was grating on me, really enjoying Ryle and Jamie. C4 have the rights for all Ireland;s internationals which I'm delighted about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Wegians89

Some Yoke wrote: »

Addison was parachuted in at the last minute, give him a break

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

They left the feed on. ITs the irish commentary. Oh my god. They selectively said to cut out all irish mistakes and just show the good irish play. Your man Darragh O Brien twisting the narrative. I couldn't believe it

Cool story - needs more dragons and sh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Henderson's been poor at the restarts and Ryan has let two lineout's slip. However, both have tackled very strongly imo.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Yeah - Henderson passed down to Ryan and it went straight through his arms for the one we lost in their 22 - he also fluffed the second one we lost. Heaslip said he should have done better.

But Ryan has managed two turnovers, including an important one inside the 22. It is a completely mixed bag from him, poor in the lineout twice but good in other aspects.

Lot of mistakes out there - will be an interesting second half, can Argentina maintain that impressive linespeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭accensi0n

I heard them say they don't need to cover ALL the mistakes.. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Jesus I’m no fan of Lavanini but since when has running low into a tackle been dangerous or malicious?

• Advertisement
Advertisement