Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SAMSUNG UE55NU7670 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR Curved LED TV €799

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I thought curved was a thing of the past?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If in the market for a new tv I'd hold tight, Black Friday deals will be appearing over the next few weeks.

PS. I also thought cured tvs went the way of 3d tvs.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

Hi,

Thanks for the post.... but...

" I thought curved was a thing of the past? "
    " looks good in the shop but not in the home imo "
    " cured tvs went the way of 3d tvs."

Where did this backlash come from ?
    Surprised at the reaction to curved TV's
    I have a Samsung 44 curved and IMO it's the business.
    I haven't seen anything about it ?

Thanks

Jay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

bazz26 wrote: »
    If in the market for a new tv I'd hold tight, Black Friday deals will be appearing over the next few weeks.

PS. I also thought cured tvs went the way of 3d tvs.

Richersounds are doing a black Friday price match refund if you buy now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

OmegaGene wrote:
    curved looks good in the shop but not in the home imo

I think you have to be sitting close for a curved screen to be of benefit. Curved monitors are great for gaming I'm told

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    You posted here to see if people thought it was a bargain and the general consensus is no, people are just leaving their opinions is all, it’s not a backlash at all
    Curved tv was just seen as a gimmick along the lines of 3D tv and never really took off, if you like it and like the price then crack on regardless

I would say look at manufacturers current ranges and there are no 3d or curved models from anyone. 3d is interesting as there is some content available and the 5 Avatar sequels probably will see a Spike in popularity again. Be interesting to see it makers offer tvs with it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Richersounds are doing a black Friday price match refund if you buy now..

I gather they are very good to deal with, so not having a dig at them. Isn't it it the case that they only price match if the other seller also offers a six year warranty? And I think they are the only crowd offering a six year warranty, so I think they can pretty much get out of ever price matching?

Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick

I gather they are very good to deal with, so not having a dig at them. Isn't it it the case that they only price match if the other seller also offers a six year warranty? And I think they are the only crowd offering a six year warranty, so I think they can pretty much get out of ever price matching?

Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick

I don't think they include warranty in price match? Ask the forum as they pretty open with stuff like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Jay Dee wrote: »
    Where did this backlash come from ? Surprised at the reaction to curved TV's. I have a Samsung 44 curved and IMO it's the business.

I recently picked up a new TV and here's what I was told. A curved TV is great and extra immersive if you sit right in front of it. It's not so great if you want to have the widest viewing angles possible which probably most people do. In certain setups, I would bet it is the business.

Advertisement