Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming chair

Options
  • 10-11-2018 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi, my son is 13, and is asking for a gaming chair for Christmas, he has Xbox one!
    Any suggestions would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

You dont need a "gaming chair" when using consoles, a bean bag would be best tbh :pac:

All these kids see streamers with DXracer style chairs, but the thing is, they are on PC, which requires a chair like that.. If i had a choice, it would be comfy couch or bean bag :P

But eh, if you want to get a racing style chair (im only presuming this is what you are after), what would be the budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

you can pay big money for the named brands like DX Racer but you are best going to your nearest furniture stores like Ikea or Harvey Norman and getting him to actually try them as they vastly vary in quality

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Skerries wrote: »
    you can pay big money for the named brands like DX Racer but you are best going to your nearest furniture stores like Ikea or Harvey Norman and getting him to actually try them as they vastly vary in quality
    IKEA POÄNG or NOLMYRA are way better for console gaming than any DXRacer rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm a lot older than 13 but anytime I play on my brothers beanbag I can't properly function for about 30 minutes after. I got a gaming chair a few years back and it was broken in weeks. Ended up getting a chair in IKEA, which is grand, putting it together didn't look like fun but the aforementioned brother did that part.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

People are forgetting here that the kid is 13. Doesn’t matter how better ikea/Herman Miller/steelcase etc. are they’re not going to win any cool points.

If he’s asked for a gaming chair he wants a gaming chair go faster stripes and RGB LED lights and all :pac:. Whilst I don’t have any specific recommendations please make sure it has good lumbar support. He’ll thank you when he’s in his 30’s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

People are forgetting here that the kid is 13. Doesn’t matter how better ikea/Herman Miller/steelcase etc. are they’re not going to win any cool points.

If he’s asked for a gaming chair he wants a gaming chair go faster stripes and RGB LED lights and all :pac:. Whilst I don’t have any specific recommendations please make sure it has good lumbar support. He’ll thank you when he’s in his 30’s.

I didn't get everything I wanted when I was 13.
    Sometimes kids have to learn that they can ask Santy for X but they get Y.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

unless his xbox is at a desk with a screen he doesnt need a gaming chair, those for pc/streamer type's and i would just buy a nice leathery office swivel chair they are all the same i have mine for like 20 years now and those gaming chairs are a rip of and dont last long. Get like a little arm chair for his room or some thing or ya know sit on your bed like everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Pbbuster wrote: »
    Hi, my son is 13, and is asking for a gaming chair for Christmas, he has Xbox one!
    Any suggestions would be appreciated

Your son is going to be sitting for crazy amount of hours per day so best get a proper chair that forces correct posture onto him.

It's a tad pricey depending on your budget but this chair is great. -> https://secretlab.eu/collections/omega-series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I didn't get everything I wanted when I was 13.
    Sometimes kids have to learn that they can ask Santy for X but they get Y.

I think at 13, he can be talked to in terms of what he's looking for vs what actually might be better and see if the Ikea chair might be a better fit.

Him asking for something and then buying something else completely would be a pretty big disappointment for the young lad on Christmas morning and to try and dress it up as a life lesson would be to rub his nose in it .

There's plenty of things that I thought were absolute tat that the kids wanted for Christmas but I got it for them because it's not about what I wanted but what they wanted, obviously within reason.

Advertisement