Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 13 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Only kept vardy in because if the day that was in it yesterday.5 blanks in a row now so he's gone this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Evertons fixtures look a bit tougher than United's though but then he'd save me .6 to have 7.4 for a forward :confused:

He's also nailed on, and up front, which he will grow into, in an Everton side set up to attack.

Cardiff next but he will, I assume, be away with Brazil.

I think he'll explode second half of the season

Its a difficult decision for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Get rid of Wan Bissaka or Bennett?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Bennett. Palace's fixtures are turning good soon.

EDIT: Actually Wolves' aren't too bad either. But Wan-Bissaka has attacking threat and is a bonus monster. Bennett doesn't really offer anything in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Bennett for me. But I have Patricio in nets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Why get rid of either. Two very cheap players that play regularly that usually should be sub places. Use the cash elsewhere.

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Why get rid of either. Two very cheap players that play regularly that usually should be sub places. Use the cash elsewhere.

Want Doherty - have Alonso, Robertson and Mendy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Want Doherty - have Alonso, Robertson and Mendy.

Unless you're going 4 at the back you're going to give yourself a selection headache every week. I have the same 5 as you and am happy to have AWB and Bennett as permasubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I have the back 5 you want where I play one bargain option from my team a week. Don't really mind the selection headache at all.

I think Doherty is fantastic value, hope he does well today.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I have the back 5 you want where I play one bargain option from my team a week. Don't really mind the selection headache at all.

I think Doherty is fantastic value, hope he does well today.

I think he was fantastic value

I think the boat has been missed on him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I think he was fantastic value

I think the boat has been missed on him
    Didn't realise he was 4.9 now. I'll be holding onto him anyway.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Didn't realise he was 4.9 now. I'll be holding onto him anyway.

Same, I just meant for those bringing him in now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

If I was to get any Everton defender in it would be Digne, he’s taking a lot of their set pieces too. Mina looks a bit erratic and will be a card magnet I’d say.

Unless you're going 4 at the back you're going to give yourself a selection headache every week. I have the same 5 as you and am happy to have AWB and Bennett as permasubs

Yeah going 4 at the back - medium term Wolves have good clean sheet potential and Doherty is still looking dangerous despite poor returns in last 3 or 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

bantee wrote: »
    If I was to get any Everton defender in it would be Digne, he’s taking a lot of their set pieces too. Mina looks a bit erratic and will be a card magnet I’d say.

I’ll be getting Digne in for Bennett. Everton have 3 out of 4 at home & playing as a wing back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm seriously considering Fabianski to Patricio as one of my transfers.

Could be double Wolves if I have to do Ings to Jimenez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Salah possibly on the chopping block with Sterling his replacement.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I will be seriously looking at removing either Aguero or Salah this week. They’re doing ok by nothing near the number of double-digit score compared to last year (Salah was scoring fairly similarly up to now last season).

What worries me about Salah is that Liverpool are not putting teams to the sword like they were last year. He’s also not getting bonus points even when he does get an attacking return. Sterling is a far more attractive proposition to me.

In fact I may go 2 City attack’s and 1 defender but 2 Liverpool defenders and 1 attacker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I will be seriously looking at removing either Aguero or Salah this week. They’re doing ok by nothing near the number of double-digit score compared to last year (Salah was scoring fairly similarly up to now last season).

What worries me about Salah is that Liverpool are not putting teams to the sword like they were last year. He’s also not getting bonus points even when he does get an attacking return. Sterling is a far more attractive proposition to me.

In fact I may go 2 City attack’s and 1 defender but 2 Liverpool defenders and 1 attacker.
    I am almost certainly selling salah ahead of gw 14 for hazard or sterling or as a way to get both in more than likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

They were talking about this on one of the podcasts this week, how Klopp has tried to get Liverpool play a lot more balanced and patient as opposed to last year's gung ho approach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

An early -4 as I'm haemorrhaging team value. Firmino and Ramsey out for Jimenez and Dilva. £2.4m freed up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Vardy & Fraser out
    Murray & Martial in

Now a midfield of Salah Hazard Sterling & Martial. Satisfied with that for future fixtures

I was contemplating moving away from a City defender. I think my strategy could be Alonso, then TAA/Gomez as cheaper Liverpool cover with 3 cheapies.

Mendy just isn't justifying his price at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm seriously considering Fabianski to Patricio as one of my transfers.

Could be double Wolves if I have to do Ings to Jimenez.

Fabianski lack of clean sheets is a bit frustrating but I'm quite happy with him still. He has one 6 and one 5 last three games while conceeding. Incl picking up a bonus!! He should be in line for a lot of saves vs City after which he has an incredible run of fixtures.

I was contemplating moving away from a City defender. I think my strategy could be Alonso, then TAA/Gomez as cheaper Liverpool cover with 3 cheapies.

Mendy just isn't justifying his price at the moment.

Mendy would be the one of the big three defenders I'd be looking at shifting yeah.

Agree with Busts on Digne. He'd be my replacement if I was doingit now.

FHFC wrote: »
    Fabianski lack of clean sheets is a bit frustrating but I'm quite happy with him still. He has one 6 and one 5 last three games while conceeding. Incl picking up a bonus!! He should be in line for a lot of saves vs City after which he has an incredible run of fixtures.

I just don't see West Ham keeping many clean sheets. He has one all season which came against Chelsea. His last five games have included Brighton, Leicester, Burnley and Huddersfield and he hasn't kept a clean sheet.

I also often play the game by going with managers (e.g. big Sam good for clean sheets) and Pellegerini even at City wasn't great for clean sheets considering the players he had at his disposal.

I just don't see West Ham keeping many clean sheets. He has one all season which came against Chelsea. His last five games have included Brighton, Leicester, Burnley and Huddersfield and he hasn't kept a clean sheet.

I also often play the game by going with managers (e.g. big Sam good for clean sheets) and Pellegerini even at City wasn't great for clean sheets considering the players he had at his disposal.

Fair points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Someone here said that the Brighton Keeper Ryan should be away for the Asia cup or something come January - of the sub keepers which is more likely to cover him during that period. Both 4m, so be nice to pick the right one now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

If your name is anything to go by, I might follow suit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

have done Monreal / Fraser -> Digne / Shaqiri.

needed to get back some Liverpool attackers, which will rotate soon but expecting Shaqiri to play more games as he has sat out a few recently. I can see Firmino or Mane getting rested soon.

Advertisement