Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 13 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

km79 wrote:
    He will be a massive threat from the set pieces his cheaper defensive team mate who is also a more certain starter will be supplying you say............
    Yea I get the point about Digne, 0.6 is a big difference. I just think Mina will get a lot of goals. I also think there's no chance he'll be benched now so not even considering that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I'm thinking Mendy to Stone but I see that the 3 weeks Mendy was out Stones only got 16 minutes. Was it related?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RisingDamp

Mendy & Begovic OUT
    Digne & Hart IN

Will then replace Ozil/Wilson next week with Aguero and Bernardo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

patmac wrote: »
    Martial/Jimenez in for Siggy/Mitro. Siggy is in a bad way seemingly and Mitro is just wrecking my head.

God I’m an awful eejit, wanted a break so just went ahead with this early, could work out but I deserve to be punished for drunken stupidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Still have 2 FTs smouldering away in my pocket....

The conservative option I think is:
    Mendy --> Digne
    Maddison --> Bilva
    £1.1 left ITB.

The slightly more aggressive approach is:
    Mendy --> Digne
    Firmino --> Aguerooo
    Maddisson --> 6.4m Midfielder (Kenedy?)
    1 hit and some funds left over.

And finally, the hard line Brexit option for a -8:
    Mendy --> Digne
    Salah --> Mane
    Maddison --> Sane
    Firmino --> Agueroo/Aubameyang

Won't be doing anything until later next week (unless Mendy starts dropping quickly).....leaning towards the 2nd option now that I've typed it out :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cartman78 wrote: »

Mendy --> Digne
    Maddison --> Bilva
    £1.1 left ITB.

Mendy --> Digne
    Firmino --> Aguerooo

Mendy --> Digne
    Salah --> Mane
    Maddison --> Sane

Won't be doing anything until later next week (unless Mendy starts dropping quickly).....leaning towards the 2nd option now that I've typed it out :-)

I like the second option
    Not sure on kenedy though
    I also quite like the third option but not sure I'd be brave enough to sell salah even if it does make a lot of sense. Mane is not in good form either which is part of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Mendy --> Digne
    Maddison --> Bilva
    £1.1 left ITB.

Mendy --> Digne
    Firmino --> Aguerooo

Mendy --> Digne
    Salah --> Mane
    Maddison --> Sane

Second looks the best to me

Despite the large pricetag Salah is becoming more and more the Liverpool attacker to have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Despite the large pricetag Salah is becoming more and more the Liverpool attacker to have

There is no other Liverpool attacker to own currently IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

2nd option for me too (but not with Kenedy)

The brexit option is on a par with the real Brexit! Don’t lose Salah.

Cheers lads for confirming my suspicions.

Not keen on losing Salah now after holding him all season....his goal for Egypt this week was vintage Mo so hopefully bodes well for the weeks ahead.

Will scout out a half decent midfielder for 6.4m or less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Mendy to Bennett to free up cash. Have a second free transfer I may use. I’m keeping an eye on Sterling still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Have 5.5 to replace Holebas... the most likely candidates are either Doherty or TAA.

Am leaning towards TAA as if he's rotated I still have wolves cover in Bennett.

I don't think I want Stones and not sure about Everton's defense despite all the positive talk about Digne

Any advice welcome!

Other defenders are Alonso/Robertson/AWB/Bennett

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Anyone else looking to go cheap to replace mendy? Im trying to find the cheapest nailed on defenders for the festive period who might actually get a clean sheet or two. Bennett and schindler are interesting anyone spot anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

MR NINE wrote: »
    Anyone else looking to go cheap to replace mendy? Im trying to find the cheapest nailed on defenders for the festive period who might actually get a clean sheet or two. Bennett and schindler are interesting anyone spot anyone else?

Yes that's exactly my thinking

Bennett and play him the next two

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Think i might sell Robertson too. Id expect full backs to be rotated more than centre backs over the next month or so. Robertson could well be benched at home to Newcastle and or away to Burnley. All their other games are tricky and they have the two big cl matches so i cant see any other game where klopp would be willing to risk moreno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

MR NINE wrote: »
    Think i might sell Robertson too. Id expect full backs to be rotated more than centre backs over the next month or so. Robertson could well be benched at home to Newcastle and or away to Burnley. All their other games are tricky and they have the two big cl matches so i cant see any other game where klopp would be willing to risk moreno.

He's just so good though. I'd advise to keep and just have a decent bench. Moreno is only £4.2m if you haven't used your 3rd 'Pool spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

COH wrote: »
    Have 5.5 to replace Holebas... the most likely candidates are either Doherty or TAA.

I don't think I want Stones and not sure about Everton's defense despite all the positive talk about Digne

Any advice welcome!

Gone for TAA myself as Mendy replacement and hoping he's a good choice. Seems to be the 5th most popular signing this week on the fantasypremierleague website so a good number seem to think he is worth having anyhow. Also have my doubts about the Everton defense. TAA seems to be good value at 5mill and he did have a couple of games off recently in game week 8 and 9 so hoping he does not need to be rested any time soon. The Liverpool defense is looking solid this season so far. Getting an assist in the last game will also hopefully set him apart as the better attacking right full back at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭nullObjects

COH wrote: »

Any advice welcome!

Worth keeping an eye on the prices, TAA was rising fast earlier but seems to have slowed. He's 93% to a rise.

Any idea if Doherty will miss the next game?
    I want to get him for Mendy too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Lemlin wrote: »
    Mendy to Bennett to free up cash. Have a second free transfer I may use. I’m keeping an eye on Sterling still.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Sterling got a PL rest soon. City have a hectic schedule generally coming up and a must win CL game which he will surely play in. Sterling played 90 mins for England tonight and he was rested after the last int break. He might play the West Ham game, could be rested home to Bournemouth after the Lyon game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

manual_man wrote: »
    He's just so good though. I'd advise to keep and just have a decent bench. Moreno is only £4.2m if you haven't used your 3rd 'Pool spot

This! You will definitely have 1 starting out of the 2. Keep Robertson. Liverpool beat PSG again & they are through. Will be rested v Napoli

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Solves a potential one off problem of when Robertson gets rested. Opens you up to a world of pain with injuries and rotation in other teams.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Solves a potential one off problem of when Robertson gets rested. Opens you up to a world of pain with injuries and rotation in other teams.

You’d be unlucky to have Robertson rested the week another 2 defenders get injured / suspended.

What are people’s view on Wilson?

I currently have RV of 6.5m and his CV is 6.8.

They have ARS, mci & LIV 3 of the next 4.

I’m looking at taking him out for Jimenez to fund the extra piece of Ward to Mahrez.

Mendy --> Digne
    Maddison --> Bilva
    £1.1 left ITB.

Mendy --> Digne
    Firmino --> Aguerooo

Mendy --> Digne
    Salah --> Mane
    Maddison --> Sane

Nothing jumping out at me really in the < £6.4m price range......Milner is a possibility I guess but not sure what his game time will be over the next few weeks.

An alternative would be to get AWB back in and then that opens up the <£7m price range for the Maddision replacement....Shaqiri is an option here maybe but nobody else really jumping out tbh

Nothing jumping out at me really in the < £6.4m price range......Milner is a possibility I guess but not sure what his game time will be over the next few weeks.

An alternative would be to get AWB back in and then that opens up the <£7m price range for the Maddision replacement....Shaqiri is an option here maybe but nobody else really jumping out tbh

This is why I and so many others have so big in defence this year
    The 6ml defenders are offering far more value that their midfield counterparts
    I’m happy I got fraser at 5.5 and will keep him for as long as he is fit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Am I right in assuming with tarkowski out Kevin long is his replacement? Not sure how I ended up with him but if he is I could nearly get away with banking this week

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Am I right in assuming with tarkowski out Kevin long is his replacement? Not sure how I ended up with him but if he is I could nearly get away with banking this week

Unless ben gibson is fit .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    You’d be unlucky to have Robertson rested the week another 2 defenders get injured / suspended.
    Why would it be restricted to defenders? You have 3 outfield substitute positions and you would be using one of those to cover Robertson for the next few weeks. Two or more injuries/rested players in the meantime would mean either relying on your bargain basement subs to come in and do a job or even worse, not being able to field 11 players at all.

Basically I don't see the merit in a solution to avoid Liverpools potential rotation that puts you in peril when other teams rotate and start picking up injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Could have done with Van Dyke not scoring tonight. He’s my Mendy replacement and was hoping he’d stay on the down low.

• Advertisement

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Could have done with Van Dyke not scoring tonight. He’s my Mendy replacement and was hoping he’d stay on the down low.

He hasn't scored in the league for Liverpool
    Has one league goal in the last 2 and a half season
    And no assist. In the premier League. Ever

I really really really wish I had looked at those stats last season before I paid 1 ml more for him over Robertson costing myself a league

He has only delivered 4 attacking returns in his 4 sessions which is incredible

Advertisement