Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 13 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I'm considering Mane to Shaqiri to free up nearly 3m and keep some pool cover over the medium term.
    It won't be this week but will be watching their performances and game time.

Is shaq could nail down a spot id happily sell salah for him and spread the wealth

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭macheda

Current Team:

Ederson, (Hamer)

Tripper - Van Dijk - Alonso - Bennett (AWB)

Richarlison - Salah - DSilva (Billing) (Hojbjerg)

Firminho - Aguero - Ings

I have two free transfers & was thinking of doing Billing & Firminho out for Martial & Jimenez???

What do you reckon??? good move or is anything else I need to consider with my team??

Any help is appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I'm considering Mane to Shaqiri to free up nearly 3m and keep some pool cover over the medium term.
    It won't be this week but will be watching their performances and game time.

Shaqiris starts are too infrequent

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

Haz or Sterling the better option for the next few GWs? Can only afford 1 for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

macheda wrote: »
    Current Team:

Ederson, (Hamer)

Tripper - Van Dijk - Alonso - Bennett (AWB)

Richarlison - Salah - DSilva (Billing) (Hojbjerg)

Firminho - Aguero - Ings

I have two free transfers & was thinking of doing Billing & Firminho out for Martial & Jimenez???

What do you reckon??? good move or is anything else I need to consider with my team??

Any help is appreciated :)

I’d keep Billing and transfer Hojbjerg out instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Walcott might be a good pick for someone looking for a slightly cheaper punt. Everton's fixtures and a turn-around in form are obviously a factor, though he did personally look more of a threat and focused in their last game. £6.3M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Surprised with how big a deviation there's been between the prices of Walcott and Ricky. Feels like no length ago they roughly cost the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    Walcott might be a good pick for someone looking for a slightly cheaper punt. Everton's fixtures and a turn-around in form are obviously a factor, though he did personally look more of a threat and focused in their last game. £6.3M

There is no reason on earth to go for Walcott over Ricky or siggy
    He is down to 6.3 for a reason

km79 wrote: »
    There is no reason on earth to go for Walcott over Ricky or siggy
    He is down to 6.3 for a reason

He has gone through a bad patch. He's showing signs he may come out of that. It's not like he doesn't have a decent record over a number of seasons. He costs a fair bit less than Siggy and Ricky, he may be an option for a double up or just a cheaper option for someone that needs funds elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

He has gone through a bad patch. He's showing signs he may come out of that. It's not like he doesn't have a decent record over a number of seasons. He costs a fair bit less than Siggy and Ricky, he may be an option for a double up or just a cheaper option for someone that needs funds elsewhere

That’s been a permanent bad patch for Walcott’s career.

Don’t go near him

• Advertisement

Thanks to knockaert inexplicably still being in positive territory I should get away with just one transfer this week and have exact money for first hit of season next week to get hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Did mendy to balbuena last night. Still have another transfer and may do schurrle to martial before the deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Looks like Mendy is dropping tonight.

I posted earlier in the thread but no one picked up on it. Stones only played 16 minutes the last time Mendy was out for 3 matches.

Was it injury related or tactical?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Is there any pressers on today? Having second thoughts on albrighton to martial. If zaha isn't fit I may bring vokes in for him and sane in for albrighton next week..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Hit taken...only my second of the season so far so nowhere near as bad as previous seasons.

Dumped: Mendy, Maddison, Firmino
    Welcomed: Digne, Milner, Agueroooooo

0.8m ITB

Glad to have Kun back. Milner is a bit underwhelming but fancy him to feature in Liverpool's upcoming run of mildly awkward fixtures and wouldn't be surprised to see him knocking in a penalty or two in a couple of narrow wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Is there any pressers on today? Having second thoughts on albrighton to martial. If zaha isn't fit I may bring vokes in for him and sane in for albrighton next week..

Warnock - 9:15am
    Pochettino - 12:30pm
    Pellegrini - 12:30pm
    Dyche - 1pm
    Hughton - 1:30pm
    Ranieri - 1:30pm
    Puel - 1:30pm
    Wagner - 2pm
    Hughes - 2pm
    Gracia - 5pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Hit taken...only my second of the season so far so nowhere near as bad as previous seasons.

Dumped: Mendy, Maddison, Firmino
    Welcomed: Digne, Milner, Agueroooooo

0.8m ITB

Glad to have Kun back. Milner is a bit underwhelming but fancy him to feature in Liverpool's upcoming run of mildly awkward fixtures and wouldn't be surprised to see him knocking in a penalty or two in a couple of narrow wins.

Kieta is back from injury now though and Fabhino had been getting minutes recently so Milner may not start to many. Gini is Klopps go to guy so far in CM this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Warnock - 9:15am
    Pochettino - 12:30pm
    Pellegrini - 12:30pm
    Dyche - 1pm
    Hughton - 1:30pm
    Ranieri - 1:30pm
    Puel - 1:30pm
    Wagner - 2pm
    Hughes - 2pm
    Gracia - 5pm

Ah the old PPDHRPWHG lineup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

He's been in that bad patch since summer 2013

Shedite27 wrote: »
    He's been in that bad patch since summer 2013

He scored 10 goals in 1916 mins last season. Previous few seasons were nothing to shout about, albeit with very limited minutes due to his situation at Arsenal (as well as some injuries). His stats in the 4 seasons where he's played 1500+ mins are excellent. He's still a punt, but to deny his potential is foolish IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

He scored 10 goals in 1916 mins last season. Previous few seasons were nothing to shout about, albeit with very limited minutes due to his situation at Arsenal (as well as some injuries). His stats in the 4 seasons where he's played 1500+ mins are excellent. He's still a punt, but to deny his potential is foolish IMO

His day has already come

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Mendy to ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just got rid of Mendy and Trippier with my two FT's. Brought in Dunk and Fernandez.
    Just have to decide now if I want go -4 to bring in Martial in midfield for Leicester Mendy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

wildcard ACTIVATED

Team is now

Ederson

Chilwell, Laporte, Van Dijk, Bennett

Richarlison, Hazard, Salah

Aguero0o0o0o0oo0, Jimenez and Arnie

Bench: Kenedy, Kayal, Wan Bissaka.

Wondering should I get Martial instead of Richarlison as I have 1.0 in the bank...

wildcard ACTIVATED

Team is now

Ederson

Wondering should I get Martial instead of Richarlison as I have 1.0 in the bank...
    No reason to get martial over Ricky imo
    Personally if I was on WC now I’d probably have sterling over salah as well
    I can’t justify the hits required but for free I’d do it
    Also Vvd is not worth the extra over TAA for me . Ideally I would have Robertson ......
    Not mad on ederson either tbh
    I think with a bit of tweaking you could have a better spread in midfield especially

interesting feedback.

I had TAA. I think VvD can get some goals soon like hes done for holland. Robertson maybe worth a look if I can afford him

Ederson is the top scoring keeper so Im happy enough there.

I see what youre saying about Salah BUT I reckon hes about to blow up and clean up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

interesting feedback.

I had TAA. I think VvD can get some goals soon like hes done for holland. Robertson maybe worth a look if I can afford him

I see what youre saying about Salah BUT I reckon hes about to blow up and clean up.

If you dropped Ederson to a cheaper option you could get Robertson and upgrade in midfield though and the trade off coupd be a lot higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

wildcard ACTIVATED

Team is now

Ederson

If I was on WC I think I would be getting Sterling in as well for the likes of Kennedy and find the money in your defence, I wouldn't sell Hazard or Salah.

interesting feedback.

Here is something I wrote earlier ...........

He hasn't scored in the league for Liverpool
    Has one league goal in the last 2 and a half season
    And no assist. In the premier League. Ever

I really really really wish I had looked at those stats last season before I paid 1 ml more for him over Robertson costing myself a league

He has only delivered 4 attacking returns in his 4 sessions which is incredible

• Advertisement

wow ok those are good stats.

Maybe rejig him then for robertson or something.

BUT

robertsons stats are pretty poor too.

For such a lauded player he has 0 goals and just 3 assists

ps - getting sterling in my midfield would require about 3.8... i dont see there being enough wiggle room in my defence to get that kind of money

Advertisement