Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 13 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Personally I would go with VVD (if I was set on getting a pool defender) - he's getting chances and so only a matter of time before he scores. The quality of crosses at pool is better than at Southampton.

Regarding Sterling, well you could downgrade AWB to a 3.8/3.9m player.
    LaPorte, Chilwell and Ederson can all be downgraded as well.

Leicester's run isn't exactly great - whereas West Ham aft4er the city game have great fixtures as they have played all the big teams already, you'd expect a couple of clean sheets.

Other than that just go with the cheapie defence that plays week in week out.

Sterling's returns this season are like the returns when with pool a few years ago only this time he's scoring a lot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

wow ok those are good stats.

Maybe rejig him then for robertson or something.

BUT

robertsons stats are pretty poor too.

For such a lauded player he has 0 goals and just 3 assists

ps - getting sterling in my midfield would require about 3.8... i dont see there being enough wiggle room in my defence to get that kind of money

yeah it would be 2 of sterling salah hazard
    Robertson is a great man for the bonus though
    I got him cheaper though so I would nearly chance TAA. They will both be rotated over Xmas. That just has to be accepted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Personally I would go with VVD (if I was set on getting a pool defender) - he's getting chances and so only a matter of time before he scores. The quality of crosses at pool is better than at Southampton.

And yet he has only scored once in all competitions for Liverpool......and isnt taking direct free kicks........I convinced myself he was worth it last year. He wasnt. He also doesnt do very well in bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Robertson has picked up a bonus in 50% of games though too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Brought in digne instead of Mendy. Would rather not take a hit but with holebas close to dropping and Ings injured I maybe have to consider it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

For such a lauded player he has 0 goals and just 3 assists

3 assists for a full back in November is pretty damn good. If he kept that up he'd be close to double figures for the season!

km79 wrote:
    He has only delivered 4 attacking returns in his 4 sessions which is incredible

He's not great at attacking crosses so doesn't get much power in his headers which is why he doesn't get many headed goals. He should still be doing better than 4 returns in 4 seasons though, that's shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Robertson 12 Bnus points. VvD 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Tossing up on my Mendy replacements, looking cheaper, Lindelof, Digne and Chilwell looking the most likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Mendy to Keane done. Felt he shaded it over Digne - bigger goal threat, bonus potential and less likely to be rotated I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Anyone considering Coleman over digne? Id be surprised if baines doesnt get a game or two over Christmas, whereas Colemans competition is kenny. Coleman has strong attacking threat too, i think he is a lot more likely to score a goal than digne, though admittedly ive barely watched Everton this season. Can any fans shed some light on the likelihood of rotation/attacking returns for Coleman and digne?

Mendy to Keane done. Felt he shaded it over Digne - bigger goal threat, bonus potential and less likely to be rotated I think.

He's 1 bad game away from being dropped for Zouma or Mina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dearg81 wrote: »
    He's 1 bad game away from being dropped for Zouma or Mina.

Doubtful, I've read everything I could find on him. Silva was raving about him before the Chelsea game and any Everton fans I've seen talking about him say he's been one of their best players this season and is the least likeliest to be dropped to accommodate Mina.

MR NINE wrote: »
    Anyone considering Coleman over digne? Id be surprised if baines doesnt get a game or two over Christmas, whereas Colemans competition is kenny. Coleman has strong attacking threat too, i think he is a lot more likely to score a goal than digne, though admittedly ive barely watched Everton this season. Can any fans shed some light on the likelihood of rotation/attacking returns for Coleman and digne?

In terms of rotation I’d imagine Digne is more rotatable than Coleman.

Simply because it’s Baines that would be coming in to give Digne a rest whereas I think it’s Kenny that would come in for Coleman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Even with the lower risk of rotation I don't think Coleman will outscore Digne. The fact that there's a 0.4m difference in price made it an easy decision for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

What about mina? Is he nailed on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

MR NINE wrote: »
    What about mina? Is he nailed on?

He's barely even playing at the moment so far from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Done one more transfer, Ings out jimenez in.
    Hopefully holebas might hold from dropping before the gameweek starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

My two cents on Everton as a fan.

I can't see Digne being rotated for Baines in League games. Coleman is the most nailed on Everton defender by a mile.

Kenny or Holgate is his rotation choice.

In terms of Zouma Keane and Mina. Keanes had a decent season so far. It's worth noting Zouma is also only on lone. I can't imagine Silva will start him once Mina is fully fit. Everything I've read about Mina looks promising.

Digne would be my choice of the 4 personally. Cheap and nailed on for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Mendy to Laporte done with my FT.
    AWB
    Martial
    Ings

All yellow flagged still

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Is Valencia out injured why hasn't he been playing?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Tossing up on my Mendy replacements, looking cheaper, Lindelof, Digne and Chilwell looking the most likely

Went with Digne as he seems to be the darling of the forum at the moment and I hate coming on here seeing he's got a 11-pointer and I don't have him

Begovic > De Gea
    Mendy > Lindelof
    Very tempted to get De Gea in.I have Begovic who has horrible run De Gea has 3 home games in the next 4 game weeks .
    I am also toying with Lindelof , nice fixtures and cheap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Begovic > De Gea
    Mendy > Lindelof
    Very tempted to get De Gea in.I have Begovic who has horrible run De Gea has 3 home games in the next 4 game weeks .
    I am also toying with Lindelof , nice fixtures and cheap.

They have 1 CS all season.
    Wouldn't touch a Utd defender, never mind 2x.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

Is Valencia out injured why hasn't he been playing?

The official line is he's injured.

I'm not 100% on this, but I think he's had a falling out with Jose and has been dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

mcgooch wrote: »
    The official line is he's injured.

I'm not 100% on this, but I think he's had a falling out with Jose and has been dropped.
    He played international football during the break and said himself that it's tactical. He has basically been dropped and will find it even harder to get back into the team now that Dalot is near fit to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Did Mendy to Digne myself last night, abit of a punt but money can be better spent elsewhere

Any news on Begovic??

F1ngers wrote: »
    They have 1 CS all season.
    Wouldn't touch a Utd defender, never mind 2x.

Think I might go with Ederson and then have to decide on what defender to get.I could get Robertson but thats double Liverpool defence but that could work well with roation and one of Robertson and Trent will be played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

So many injuries and suspensions in my team this week. Sorely tempted to use a wildcard. Is there any danger of any double gameweeks occurring before January 1st?

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    So many injuries and suspensions in my team this week. Sorely tempted to use a wildcard. Is there any danger of any double gameweeks occurring before January 1st?

There was only a minor one last year in early Jan due to snow, but no, wouldn't hold my wildcard for it

Advertisement