Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uber eats

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,374 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I suspect you have been duped by a phishing scam and have signed up to something else and they have taken your info and money
    I think this is most likely the case.

This morning I woke up to two pending transactions from UberBV Amsterdam, but I have never engaged with Uber in any shape or form anywhere, app/website/phone.

The transactions have been reveresed, and the card has been cancelled and I'll be a week waiting on a new one. :mad:

And there seems to be no means of identifying what transaction was compromised, which seems crazy - so I have no idea if his can/will happen again with the new card.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

It's not a reason not to use Uber Eats its just another reason not to use an Andriod phone.
    Security is and always will be an issue with Andriod.

TCP/IP wrote: »
    It's not a reason not to use Uber Eats its just another reason not to use an Andriod phone.
    Security is and always will be an issue with Andriod.

How do you (or I, for that matter) know it was an Android problem, when I don't even know what transaction was compromised?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

He doesn't know it was Android.

Could be an email scam, a bank machine cloned, a dodgy shop attendant etc.

Without looking at your transaction list, it's impossible to tell. It could be from a couple of days ago, or months.

RossieMan wrote: »
    He doesn't know it was Android.

Could be an email scam, a bank machine cloned, a dodgy shop attendant etc.

Without looking at your transaction list, it's impossible to tell. It could be from a couple of days ago, or months.

Even looking at the transaction it seems to be impossible to tell. Or so the bank tells me.

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote:
    Even looking at the transaction it seems to be impossible to tell. Or so the bank tells me.

The problem is the sheer amount of transactions means it might take them a while to trawl through it, which most people might not bother checking out.

Having done this before, it's possible, but might not be worth the time invested from the banks point of view. It depends how long ago it was.

RossieMan wrote: »
    The problem is the sheer amount of transactions means it might take them a while to trawl through it, which most people might not bother checking out.

Having done this before, it's possible, but might not be worth the time invested from the banks point of view. It depends how long ago it was.

Yeah I get that. But it's frustrating not to know what I did, so that I can avoid doing it again!

Have you purchased anything online recently from a new/different site?

Have you been offered a refund on anything lately via email?

Have you signed up for any new service?

Possible your laptop/computer may have a virus. Run a scan.

So many variables.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Could even be a random card number generator, and using Uber (or commonly Netflix) to test the card to see if it's valid.

Advertisement