Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on RooMigo for houseshares please?

Options
  • 10-11-2018 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Housemate just told me he is moving in with his girlfriend, so am putting his room up on Daft.ie and MyHome.

A friend told me about another friend who uses RooMigo a lot. She said that she has no trouble using the site to find lodgers for the spare room in her house. She's a bit old fashioned, so am not sure if she means houseshare situations (like mine) or old school landlady/lodger set up

I've never heard of RooMigo, so am unsure if I should give it a go. Any thoughts? Does it attract the same kind of punters as Daft and MyHome?

I'm looking to do a bog standard house share, with another professional female, on a full time basis, but when I looked at the site recently, a lot of the people looking for accommodation, seemed to be foreign students looking for something for a few months and not much longer. I've no objection to living with a non national, I just don't want to be having to be dealing with this crap every few months.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just stick with Daft. It's not like you'll have trouble finding someone on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Daft & Facebook. With Facebook, you can see their profile, and judge if they're on the piss every night of the week, or heck, if they're even female!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

A few months might be a Godsend. My advice is don't worry too much about how long someone is going to stay, get someone who is a good fit and they'll stay the duration. It's not much of a hassle finding someone in fairness, just give an email address on the daft advert and ask for a few lines about who thbey are. You'll filter out quite a few that way alone.

ask for a few lines about who thbey are. You'll filter out quite a few that way alone.
    On this; if it feels like a copy & paste, it is.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

the_syco wrote: »
    On this; if it feels like a copy & paste, it is.

Why would it matter if it's a copy and paste? You're giving a brief description of yourself and your situation so it's mostly going to be the same information each time unless the landlord is asking for something specific.

• Advertisement

Why would it matter if it's a copy and paste? You're giving a brief description of yourself and your situation so it's mostly going to be the same information each time unless the landlord is asking for something specific.
    You ask for a professional female. Your name is a very female sounding name. You may mention that you have a cat, and that the person must be okay with this.

You get;
    "Hi Dan, my name is Mary, and I'm looking for a room for myself and my boyfriend as we're studying in UCD. We're both non-smokers, and are looking for a place with no animals as we're allergic."

=-=

If they read the ad, they would see that you have a cat, and you don't want students. But hell no, you get a number of people who are sending the same spiel to every ad they come across. I had an ad that said no animals, no students, no couples, as we already had roommate who had a rabbit, and all worked. Got loads of people asking if they could move in with their dog, woman, was a student. It gets annoying.

So it's not that they didn't care what your ad said; they most likely never even read it, and just sent a copy and paste spiel.

the_syco wrote: »
    You ask for a professional female. Your name is a very female sounding name. You may mention that you have a cat, and that the person must be okay with this.

You get;
    "Hi Dan, my name is Mary, and I'm looking for a room for myself and my boyfriend as we're studying in UCD. We're both non-smokers, and are looking for a place with no animals as we're allergic."

=-=

If they read the ad, they would see that you have a cat, and you don't want students. But hell no, you get a number of people who are sending the same spiel to every ad they come across. I had an ad that said no animals, no students, no couples, as we already had roommate who had a rabbit, and all worked. Got loads of people asking if they could move in with their dog, woman, was a student. It gets annoying.

So it's not that they didn't care what your ad said; they most likely never even read it, and just sent a copy and paste spiel.

Ah right, I get you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Any more recent feedback on this Site?

Advertisement