Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90

Options
  • 10-11-2018 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

One of my mates got his bathroom done recently and got a Triton T90 installed, the chap that done it ran a 6sq to it and has it on a 32amp MCB. My own shower was done a couple of years ago with 10sq and a 40amp RCBO.

Does anyone know the danger of his being done in that way? I don't know the difference between the devices other than his is done wrong.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

Hannibal wrote: »
    One of my mates got his bathroom done recently and got a Triton T90 installed, the chap that done it ran a 6sq to it and has it on a 32amp MCB. My own shower was done a couple of years ago with 10sq and a 40amp RCBO.

Does anyone know the danger of his being done in that way? I don't know the difference between the devices other than his is done wrong.
    The main concern would be the lack of rcd protection and anything else that's not done properly or tested which is likely if he connected it to a B32 mcb in the first place.

It might not trip the B32 at all though

It's likely on the main socket RCD actually ,no way to be sure from here,it should be an independent RCD/rcbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Thomyokk wrote: »
    The main concern would be the lack of rcd protection and anything else that's not done properly or tested which is likely if he connected it to a B32 mcb in the first place.

It might not trip the B32 at all though

It's likely on the main socket RCD actually ,no way to be sure from here,it should be an independent RCD/rcbo.

I'll find out if it's on the socket RCD.
    The main concern I had was whether it was unsafe especially as it's controlling an appliance in a bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Who put the cabling in? Was it done as a nixer?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,100 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

What is the KW of the shower? 6mm can be fine for a 8.5kw shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Are cheap Triton showers a waste of time is it best to just go with a t90

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,100 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

catrat12 wrote:
    Are cheap Triton showers a waste of time is it best to just go with a t90

Most homes in Ireland need a Pumped electric shower rather than a mains fed shower. There aren't any cheap pumped electric showers. The triton t90sr is the best by a mile. If you aren't in the hurry for it woodies usually sell it for ar 210 between Christmas and New year

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

Just swap the MCB for this:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/british-general-40a-30ma-sp-type-b-mini-rcbo/7022x

An electrician should do this

Advertisement