Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can socket wiring be extended?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Thomyokk wrote: »
    I'd like to hear more than your say-so on that

I was doing it 10 years back and so was everyone else.

You're prob not aware but neutrals at switches were originally for the convenience of the contractor in wiring downlights and luminaires .Contractors didn't start doing it for the benefit of the customer.

My Say?

You arent even aware the ESB crimp lines. Have you ever seen the mains feed into a site ?

Neutrals are non normal. just because you were doing it doesnt mean anyone else is. Its just not a normal practice in ireland. I dare ya to say how many times you see a neutral line in a domestic install retro. (including recent builds)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Have to say I come across neutrals at light switches fairly frequently. Mostly houses built in last 15yrs or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

meercat wrote: »
    Have to say I come across neutrals at light switches fairly frequently. Mostly houses built in last 15yrs or so.

New Hager light switches actually come with a neutral terminal on switch’s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

2011 wrote: »
    ESBN do crimp solid conductors. This is common practice with aluminum conductors.

Thanks I wasn't aware, I was thinking more of the service cables which would be stranded and flexible cores

Advertisement