Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree House for Garden

Options
  • 11-11-2018 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Wondering whats the best way to approach purchasing or making a tree house, anytips of best place to search/start learning?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭eeinke

Wondering has anyone erected an inground trampoline?
    What are the difficulties with embedded one into your garden?
    Also is there any other sellers besides Berg - they seem very expensive?

Thanks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

eeinke wrote: »
    Wondering whats the best way to approach purchasing or making a tree house, anytips of best place to search/start learning?
    Thanks

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that you need some sort of planning permission if it's over a certain height.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

New Home wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that you need some sort of planning permission if it's over a certain height.

I've seen a house built hanging from a tripod so the actual ground area of the structure is less than 9 square feet and so was exempted from requiring planning permission. This was in west Cork and was apparently built by a south african architect who liked the idea of exploiting the loop hole to avoid planning restrictions. Not sure if this exemption is still in place and it may be different from county to county but I think a tree house could also benefit from this type of exempted development. Also there is some exemption for temporary structures.

Advertisement